Sunday, December 5, 2010

Berenstain Bears and Too Much Birthday Part 1

I have some major catching up to do! These next two posts are two months late! Johnny's birthday is the day after mine, and then Gretel's is just a couple of weeks later. So even though I did short birthdays shout-outs to them, I wanted to actually show how we celebrated!!

My fam sent me lots of cool presents. Thanks so much!! Johnny gave me a girls trip to San Fran to see the show "Wicked" and stay in a hotel overnight with my cohorts! That was awesome-if I ever get around to downloading pics from my other camera, I'll have to do a little post about it!!

I had to pose with my sweet baby!!



That night my favorite girls came over ("Tribond"-it's the name of a board game, and while playing it long ago, we realized it's also OUR name!!) They gave me awesome gifties too-I have the most fun, thoughtful girlfriends ever~

Abby stopped on her way over to pick up the best chocolate cake ever!!
What a delicious day I had!!


The only presents that Johnny received that were wrapped were from my parents-I have become so lazy! Thanks mom for always going above and beyond, and sending such gorgeously wrapped gifts! He got lots of great additions to his wardrobe-cuff links, shirts, ties, new dress socks, shoes, and also casual wear too!
Thank you M & D- if it weren't for you, we'd all be nude!!

I threw Johnny a 30th birthday party-it was a pizza party with our friends, and we had a great time with them! Abby and Todd were nice enough to let us do it at their house, since they have more room.


Johnny loves gummi bears, so guests could take some home with them or just munch throughout the night. Also, we had a root beer tasting contest later, so this was the prize.

Abby and Todd

Jaycee and David

Rob and Amanda

Johnny and Shauna

Bill and Beka

The contest is all set up-7 types of root beer to guess. It was a little too hard for everyone.
Birthday Boy ended up winning even though he was just as clueless as everyone else. I didn't want to give him the prize, since that seemed really rude, but everyone said to give it to him-it's his b-day and he really did get 3 right. I think the runner-up got 2 right, and he won a bag of licorice!


Todd made him an ice cream cake which was really good, and I made a cheesecake with fruit on top. Johnny said he didn't care what kind of cake I made, and since my birthday was the day before his, I decided to make my favorite-I live for cheesecake!!


We had lots of fun playing Mafia with our friends-we are so lucky to have such darling, fun couples to hang out with!!

Happy Birthday to us!

Next post will be all about Gretel's special day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much funness and all around the same time!! We loveeee you guysssssss