Monday, May 2, 2011

Sister Hailey & Mommy Dearest Visit!!

My mom and sis recently came to visit me! It was so fun, and I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since our last girls trip! All we did for one whole week was shop and eat out!! We ate so many naughty things every day; lots of ice cream, mud pie, cake- treats galore! (perfect vacation) Thanks mama for all the goodies; you and dad truly spoil us!

One huge reason they came when they did was because I needed a cut and color from my sista so I didn't have roots for my sis-in-law (Caitland's) wedding and Johnny's graduation which were both in May. So, I felt like a new woman after she worked her magic! Thanks Hab!

Here we are posing with some of our shopping bags....



My friend Abby took us shopping in San Fran the first day, which started things off with a bang! She used to live there, so she was an awesome navigator! Unfortunately I discovered my camera was dead after we got there, so no pics of that day:(

We went to Judy's for brunch, which is always delicious! Then we went to the most horrible place for dinner, called Anchor and Hope. Expensive, and we got only 4 or 5 bites of food because the portions were so small. (about 1/4 cup of gnocchi is what we each got!) We complained and realized that they were NOT in the customer pleasing business. And none of us are the type to complain....but really-it was the worst customer service any of us had ever experienced!
We were all starving when we left-it was so awful. We wished we would've gone to Wetzel's Pretzels instead. It's Hab's and my favorite pretzel shop, and even though they have one in San Fran's mall, we decided just to get one a different day from Roseville's mall. We were looking forward to it so much, so we felt like it was a cruel joke when we saw it covered up with a black curtain:



I wanted to sing, "So close-yet so far away!!" We were both so sad about it. Since that mall had a fire last year, just a few of places weren't open yet, and Wetzel's was one of them! We really should've gotten one in San Fran.

While Hab had my camera, she must've taken this picture because of the nipples on the mannequin! I just discovered it on my camera, so that was quite a surprise!
It gave me a good chuckle!


I took a picture of our "snack" at the food court.
We were too hungry to wait for dinner at Claim Jumper, so we ended up just getting mud pie and lemon bar brulee from there on our way home!











Gretel and I had a blast one day riding the train around The Fountains shopping center.


At Anthropologie






I wanted to show them the Sacramento temple, and while we were there, we saw some wild turkeys. My mom and Hailey still howl with laughter because I said, "That's so sad that we eat them on Thanksgiving." And as they laughed at this comment I asked, "Well isn't it?" They never answered....they said their shrieks of laughter should be the answer, but I was left feeling puzzled.










At Burr's ice cream shop in East Sac




At a candy store in Old Sac






One morning Hab wanted to make some really delish chocolate waffles. We normally don't love chocolate waffles, but these are great! They're from the "Our Best Bites" website, which I didn't know about until she told me. We topped them with strawberries and vanilla syrup. "Good idear, Steph!"



I've made them twice since then and topped them with bananas and caramel syrup. That is my fave combo!
The first time I did this was when I had Shauna over for her birthday-she loved her birthday breakfast way more than I expected her to! Then we did it once more for Abby's birthday.




Gretel Gumdrops playing with her kitchen after her hair had been freshly braided by Hab. I took pictures so I could practice later and hopefully have it turn out looking like it.








Below are pictures of when I've done her hair-these are my best efforts







Anyway, we had a really great visit! The theme song for our trip is one that my mom is obsessed with lately. My mom put her ipod on to play it almost every day! It's called "Just an old-fashioned girl" by Eartha Kitt, and it's really funny! I posted the video, and it's definitely worth watching!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Pretty new w/the whole blogging thing...anyhow it looks like you had a great day! There's nothing like a girl's day out! Looking at ur pics makes me hungry & I love the hair do! I may try that one out on my little one : )

Hailey said...

Tons of fun to re-live the memories! I had forgotten so many things in such a short amount of time! Let's do it again soon when mom and I aren't gimps!!

Chelsea said...

I am glad you guys had a great girls trip, but oh good heavens, mom had no brakes on that shopping train, ouch!! I have never seen power shopping to equal that trip. She said she was making up for not nesting for babies as intense as she wanted.
I just keep getting different charge card statements. As Cory Hawke likes to hear me say " are you kidding me".
I'm glad that trip only happens once in a lifetime.
Love you all, your " Pop C"

Teal said...

ahhahahh the nipples on the mannequin! I couldn't breathe. totally would've taken a picture as well

The turkeys! Oh Chels. Add that to the "T" list in the alphabet.

I thought you were going to comment on the picture of your big meal you took a picture of! I was waiting for some Napoleon-ish comment! Food doesn't look appetizing in your picture for some reason!!

-teato