Thursday, June 30, 2011

Caitland and John's Wedding

In May Johnny's sister got married! She married John Sawyer, so we have another John in the fam now! (Gretel now has a "Daddy Johnny," a "Grandpa John" and an "Uncle John")
It was so gorgeous and fun-the highlight for me was seeing John's face as he was looking at Caitland during the ceremony. He was so teary and just looked at her like he was so in love. It was the sweetest....true love!!
Another part that I want to remember is when Gretel saw Caitland in her dress right before the ceremony. She looked at her and said, "you look like Sleeping Beauty!"




I wanted a picture of them, and he'd just changed out of his tux


I tell Gretel that this is Rapunzel's sun











































Gretel had a cumquat in her cheek-she loved picking and eating them all day











































The m&ms were the wedding colors and had Caitland and John's names on them






Devon had gotten Ellie this $7 Minnie balloon. (She was so nice to share it with Gretel)

Devon told Caitland to help hold it because he was super stressed it would float up into the sky. I can't remember why, but Caitland said something like "well I'll show you, Minnie..." and playfully punched her face. Her ring punctured a hole and we all heard the air escaping! It was so awful and funny! Devon hid the balloon from Ellie the rest of the trip because the ears were the only part that survived.


Gretel's two highlights were meeting Mickey and meeting Rapunzel!

Mickey was really nice; she was in heaven because he gave her a hug and kiss.












Ellie is pretty shy and quiet, so when she meets princesses she hugs them, and is quiet and very cuddly. She met Rapunzel first and Gretel watched, so I thought Gretel would act similarly. I was so wrong!







Gretel's reaction was hilarious, and totally unexpected! She ran and jumped all around her tower, in a nervous/excited sort of way. She didn't get very close to her at first, but just asked her a bunch of questions about the tower like, "are those the floating lights?" I wish I had video of it, but I only have pictures.




She watches Tangled all the time, and I think she couldn't believe that she was actually meeting her!
She was such a pretty girl, and I was so impressed with her tower and hair/costume. It was really fun for me to see her too!































The teacup ride makes me sick, so I was grateful that the men took the girls on it! Gretel's favorite rides were Pinocchio's Daring Journey, and Snow White's Scary Adventures. She went on both of them several times in a row, and it was perfect because neither of them were crowded and we walked right on each time.

She loves scary things, so she was thrilled to see the scary whale with the sharp teeth and the witch holding the poison apple. She still asks me if we can go on both of these rides.


She also loved Pirates of the Carribean, and sings "yo yo, yo yo, a pirate's life for me!" I like how she says yo yo, instead of yo ho!

Other favorites were the Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, and Dumbo!


We can't wait to go back-I just live for Disneyland!!

4 comments:

B said...

Disneyland is just my favorite place ever! I bet it was so fun to take Gretel, now that she knows the princesses and all. Looking at the pics has left me dying to go out there!

The wedding photos were fun to see, it looks like it was a great party!

B said...

ps: it is hilarious that she loves the scary rides-O and I took Ava and Owen's two nieces on Snow White-their first ride of the trip. They all came off sobbing!

Kristy said...

Love all the great pictures, Chels. The wedding looked so beautiful and Disneyland is the best place ever. Thanks for sharing these special events with us.

qifei2012 said...

Definitely, we could express that Milliseconds have help and support heart and continual that they've all of the vital choices as a way to enable prospects and produce his or her daily life less difficult through taking on the difficulties within 'microsoft' merchandise wisely Microsoft Office 2010 Key. It is one of the main advantages of the prosperity of "Help and also Aid Microsoft" for a large scale internationally Office 2010 download. Microsoft office 2010