Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gretel Gumdrops Was Blessed!


We blessed the little cupcake on November 30, and it was a great day! She looked so precious in her little gown...I felt so nervous for Johnny that morning. He didn't feel nervous, but I just kept thinking that I'm so happy I'm not a boy, because this would be so terrifying! But he did a wonderful job! My parents, Teal, and John's parents all came to town for the blessing, and it was great to see everyone.







I know Thanksgiving is old news now, but here is what we did. My fam arrived Wednesday night, so it made Thanksgiving really memorable to have them there! We cooked in my little kitchen Thanksgiving Day- We had a blast, hanging out and playing with the Wii Fit!



Johnny's parents arrived on Friday. We went to the movies... all but Johnny (he stayed home to study for finals, so that was sad) We thought it would be fun for the guys to see the new James Bond and the girls could see Twilight!! That's right, Gretel Girlfriend went to her first movie-what a great chick flick to start her off! She woke up partway through, and was loving it. Her eyes were open so wide-she looked fascinated! She must have a little crush on Edward, too!

It was so nice to see our families-thanks everyone for traveling to see us... or I guess to see Gretel, really! Now that we have a baby it's fun to have more visits from you all!

A few more pics we took that weekend....












Johnny bathing her; I love how she's looking up at him. What a little lamb!






My mom giving her a bath; she says all the time, "Gretel really loves me-she thinks I'm all that!"






Gretel has been very smiley and she coos a lot!! Her little voice is so fun to hear!



3 comments:

dougandkatieanderson said...

OOOHHHH... Gretel is so darling! I love all the new pics of her! She is such a beautiful baby! I love the Buchi family! It has been so long since I have seen them all. I can't believe how big Teal is! Chels you look fab!

Kristy said...

Chelsea, she is the most darling little baby. I loved her blessing dress. What a sweet child she is! You look great. I'm so glad your family was able to come out for Thanksgiving and the blessing. I can't wait to see the little "cupcake" in person!

Hailey said...

Hey, Beast!
I'm so glad you told me about this post. I don't know why I never noticed it. That's so weird! But Gretel looks soooo cute. I can't believe how stinkin' cute she is!!! I want her! In one of the pics she looks just like Riley...do you think? What a doll---she's so expresive. And we're sorry we missed her blessing :(