Friday, December 26, 2008

"FRA-GI-LE... must be Italian!"

Gretel's First Christmas!!!




My beloved leg lamp is still one of my fave things! I got it for Christmas about 5 years ago from my parents and I just love it....so does our little Christmas Elf!

Thanks, Mimi for sending such a festive hair accessory early-she's been wearing her glittering poinsettia headband to all her little Christmas parties!


We stayed in "Sac Town" for Christmas this year, and although we really missed our families, we had a fun and relaxing time spending the holiday here.




On Christmas Eve, a very fun family in our ward, the Gillespies, invited us over for dinner. It was so delish, and after dinner they always do a Nativity with their little kids; Gretel was baby Jesus which was very cute. They have a little girl that's just a month older than Gretel, who played a sheep, and their other daughter was Mary. Their two boys did various roles-they are such a darling family. We really had a great time!





On Christmas morning, Johnny woke me up and wanted us all to go and open presents-he's such a little boy! I call him my "manchild." I love Christmas, but he gets even more excited than I do. He's been memorizing "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and lately he's been talking about how he can't wait to dress up as Santa for future family parties because he says, "Santa is the jolliest man in the whole world." I have a very cute hubby!

We had a lot of fun opening our gifts to each other. But it felt so strange to us to open what our families got us without them-we really miss everyone!

Gretel was spoiled by her very sweet and generous grandparents (as were we!) Our parents are very good to us. She got some way fun books, toys, fab clothes, movies, and a little swing.



She's happy in her swing as long as her little mobile above her is moving. Since this particular swing doesn't have a mobile that moves on its own, Johnny and I were constantly jiggling it for her. Then, I had a brilliant idea-I tied some string from the mobile to the sides of the swing, so as she rocks back and forth, it makes her little friends above her move, too! She loves watching them now!






A couple of weeks ago, I took Gretel on a little shopping spree with me so we could get her first Christmas ornament! I saw in Anthropologie's catalog that they had these "milkmaid" ornaments! It was meant to be, because that's what Johnny calls her. So here she is-one little milkmaid posing with another!


9 comments:

Katherine said...

She is such a beautiful baby! Sorry you weren't here for Christmas, it looks like you had fun though. Her blessing dress is great too. Thanks for all the pics!

Hailey said...

What a great ornament find! It was truly fate! Anthroplogie I am shopping there, my Anthropologie (you know the rest) :) We missed you so much...It didn't feel like Christmas without you :(

Ashleigh said...

Chels- CUTE, CUTE baby girl! Reading your blog made me super excited to have a little baby again! Congratulations, she's precious!

The leg lamp! I love it! One of our neighbors has one that they keep in the front window for Christmas. The other day we were at a Sweater Party and everyone was talking about it and what was it . . . oh come on. The leg lamp! I was shocked that many people didn't know. Ansen's favorite place to audit for work has a leg lamp in the one of the offices all year round. Anyway, enough on that. It just made me smile.

Anyway, thanks for saying hi!

Brooke Bowen said...

That is one cute little girl!!! I'm so excited to have a new baby girl around. Congrats! Isn't it the best being a mom?!

Hillary said...

Oh Chels, Gretel is just so adorable! It makes me so sad that I haven't met her yet, but hopefully we can fix that soon!

dede said...

Gretel is a doll! Seriously she is such a darling baby and I love getting to see all of your little adventures with you!

I do truly miss the infamous leg lamp. It was such a great addition to our little apt.

Anonymous said...

Freakin awesome leg lamp!! I think you should post a picture a day of your cute girly so we can see all the different outfits you put her in, I always look forward to seeing her. My Johnny and I agree that she is by far the cutest baby!

B said...

I love the headband on Gretal, it is darling!

It was great to see the leg lamp out this year, it brings back memories of living in the riv!

Kristy said...

What great Christmas pictures. I bet your parents were so sad not to be with you guys at Christmas. I loved Gretel's headband. She is just beautiful.