Monday, November 23, 2009

"CRAPPY" Nappy!!

Two days ago, Johnny was watching Gretel while I had an appointment at the salon. I had gotten a message from him while I was gone saying that he had just cleaned up the "biggest poop disaster ever!" I called him back to find out what had happened, and he just said I'd never believe it-I just had to see it for myself.

This was the dirty discovery waiting to greet me when I arrived at the scene..






Gretel had been in her crib, and instead of napping she'd taken off her messy diaper and spread it everywhere! He said she was covered head to toe (poor, poor baby!) and he hurried and ran her to the tub to give her a bath!





We spent a lot of time that day washing all her bedding/bumpers, washing her crib, and scrubbing the tub and all the bath toys....thanks, Johnny for all your help! I had to hand wash her doll and a stuffed animal in the sink, too.



My little "Houdini" continues to amaze me with her tricks. She has been taking off her pants for quite a while now, but yesterday she had taken one arm out of her sleeve.



I don't know how she does it. She is not a napper, and there are a lot of days that she just sleeps for 30 min. total and she remains happy and sweet throughout the day. All she wants to do all day is play and she gets very mad when I put her in her crib. She just sits and looks at books (which is her favorite thing in the whole world) and talks to herself in her crib for over an hour every time she's supposed to be napping. And I know she is tired! I spy on her, and she just rubs her eyes and yawns while standing up and doing a jig as she holds on to the crib railing. Or she smiles and laughs at herself in the mirror. I know I shouldn't complain, because at least she's a really happy baby.
The main problem is that she is the poopiest baby in the world. A lot of days, I'll change 2 messy diapers before her morning nap, and she'll still "visit the powder room" while she's trying to fall asleep, because her crib is her favorite place to go. So it makes it very hard for me to tell if she's having a hard time sleeping because she needs a fresh diaper, or if she is just having too much fun to sleep.
Right now as I'm typing, she is supposed to be napping. But I keep hearing her high-pitched excited yelps as she continues to play....I guess she is a (happy) "Crappy" Napper in more ways than one!

7 comments:

Hillary said...

I am dying laughing about the poopy nap! Didn't you pull a similar stunt as a child?

Good thing she's so adorable, right?

BBC said...

i sure hope Tama NEVER does this! but if he does, i hope bill is home alone watching him just like johnny! just kidding! that picture is scary! definitely one for the baby book right?

Hailey said...

That was D! I was eating my lunch while I was reading blogs....not much of an appetite now! I'll bet that was a disaster to clean up. I've never had either of my kids take off their diapers (knock on wood)!
She really is a crappy napper!

Anonymous said...

That is sure FUN NY!! The best is that there are pictures of it!!

Chelsea said...

Yes, Hilly! I DID pull a similar stunt as a baby...I took off my diaper and smeared it all over my wall. I think I did this more than once, too!

Erin said...

That is impressive...Ellie didn't start "coloring" with her poop until she was 2 1/2. Ellie likes to poop in her crib/bed too. All I can say is that it's a probably just a phase (hopefully). Ellie also will go through phases of not napping followed by phases of really good naps. She is so cute though, we're excited to see her again!

Kristy said...

Chels, only you could tell such a great story. I love reading your blog. Gretel is darling.