Friday, November 6, 2009

Our Happy HalloWEENIE!!!



This year Gretel was a leopard for Halloween. She looked soo cute; painting whiskers was extremely hard though! She was so wiggly and mad that we were messing with her face! I made her ears and tail, and I was really excited about how they turned out!! I had her get used to wearing them by having her eat and hang out in them, and she kept them on really well when it was time to dress her up!!! I think she really liked her costume, because she would smile bigger and act more excited than normal when she saw herself in the mirror!



Just for fun, I wanted to put a pic on here of last Halloween when she was just 2 weeks old. And I just realized that it's 2 years in a row now that she has worn a tutu for her costume!!





Thanks, Shauna for searching out the "Butt Pumpkin's" long lost twin for me!!



At Avery's 1st birthday party!!! It was so fun that the kids got to wear their costumes and pose
for a group pic!






We went to our ward's trunk-or-treating party looking like a hideous couple, wearing our embarrassing "Snuggies" that Johnny picked up that morning!
Johnny thought it would be funny to wear signs that said, "THE COUPLE THAT SNUGGIES TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER!"


I hate to admit this, but I have the Snuggie (with Gwen sleeping) on my lap right now. I'm especially embarrassed to say that the other night I started out with it on my lap like a blanket, then ended up sneaking my arms in as I got chilly...I just never thought I'd be a Snuggie owner!!








Halloween Day with my two skeletons...
Also, Gretel started taking tons of steps on Halloween!!







Johnny dressed up as a greasy bowler I did my same tacky outfit.
Our group had a little pizza party before trick-or-treating around our neighborhood!




She was loving her little Crunch bar, and we loved her chocolate-y fingers and face!



6 comments:

dougandkatieanderson said...

Oh Chels Gretel is adorable! Love Love the costume! It's ok she wore a tutu again. I love them there super girlie!! The snuggies are super funny!! I laugh everytime I see the commercial.

BBC said...

i've gotta confess, i secretly want a snuggie... they look so comfortable! :)

Hailey said...

Gretel looks so cute in her leopard getup! According to Ollie, she is the only one who can pull off leopard attire! I have to admit I'm also slightly curious about the Snuggie--maybe you can bring it with you here for the chilly trip home and I can try it out :). For a white elephant last year someone made one with a grody Glamour Shot-esque picture of Scott (Casey's husband) on it. It was a hit!
Happy Halloween, we missed you of course!

Erin said...

Guess what...we were Halloween twins! Devon and I were Snuggie people too and I have to admit that it was one of the most comfortable costumes I've ever worn (as long as I could keep it on). Gretel looks so cute, as always. Maybe we can get a Snuggie family pic at Christmas.

B said...

very darling costumes, and I really want a snuggie!
I cannot believe Gretel is walking already!

Kristy said...

Chels, I loved seeing all your darling Halloween pictures. Gretel is so adorable. What a great leopard costume. You always have her looking fabulous! I loved your snuggie costumes. Lauren and her roommates have taken some pretty funny pictures in snuggies. Must be the "in" thing to do!