Monday, June 14, 2010

Groucho Marx

Some days Gretel's nickname is "Groucho Marx" because of the grouchy faces she pulls like this:


She has been extra sweet lately, but a while ago when I took these pictures of her I'm pretty sure it was a teething day. I blame it on that anyway...



This is not a leg lift-she's throwing herself around while having a little tantrum.

She also hits herself on the forehead when she gets upset, or she'll find the nearest wall to bang her forehead against.


There's lots of high-pitched shrieking and whining...

followed by more dirty looks directed at me because I'm taking pictures of the whole thing!!

But the good thing about Gretel is that she does recover very quickly from these moments, and is back to her sweet self! I think I've been seeing less of "Groucho" lately because she's getting better at communicating with me, so I'm glad she's less frustrated!!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh! Especially the 'leg lift' portion.

BBC said...

hey! that's my cat's name! how's cute is she!??

dougandkatieanderson said...

Chels you are seriously too funny! Girls are so much fun! Especially when they scream! Gretel is so dang cute!!

dougandkatieanderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dougandkatieanderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hailey said...

I love Groucho's faces! The leg lift is hilarious as well as banging her head against the wall. She is a character!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha she is becoming just like her father! Her groucho faces are pretty dang cute! I love the leg lift picture. I can only imagine her flailing her little body around in anger.

Kristy said...

She is so darling. I would be laughing at her all day long. Her grouchy faces are too funny! You are such a smart mom to document her moods with pictures. I wish I had been like you!