Thursday, July 1, 2010

Today's Walk



Gretel has had a cold lately, and has had a rough time sleeping. Yesterday morning and this morning she woke up screaming at 5:45. I am not a morning person-I just hate mornings, and I tell Johnny that every day!
Anyway, she fell asleep on our walk today at 10:30, so I wanted to take a picture.
What a little angel!
Lately when Gwen gets hot and tired, I scoop her up and put her in the bottom of the stroller! She loves it!
She's such a pampered little pup!!
I have the two sweetest girls in the whole world-I just love them!!

Here are some other random pics I took last night:
I want to remember what kinds of things she loves to say and what she's learned recently, so this is more for me to look back on later.

Right now Gretel's favorite book is "Princess Baby." She wants to read it all day-over and over. It is so torn and beat up, and I've scotch-taped every single page. It is well loved to say the least! She says "baby" in a desperate, high-pitched voice when she wants to read it.
Also, her favorite song is "If you're happy and you know it" and she also says "happy" in a high squeaky voice when she wants to sing it.
She counts to ten if you start her at 1 & 2. She is so good at all her colors and shapes. She knows oval, circle, heart and triangle. She also knows blue, green, orange, pink, yellow, purple and red which she calls "reddy." She was adding a Y to the end of a bunch of words for a while. Like "foody" and "trucky." But now she's just shortened it to "truck" which unfortunately sounds exactly like the naughty word. She says it several times a day, very loudly-whenever she hears a truck drive by outside.
She tries to say everything, and she's at the cute stage where I can tell her to say whatever word I want and she does it.
Her favorite things are books, and she falls asleep with them tucked all around her body, so when I check on her before I go to bed I take them all off her bed so she's not uncomfortable rolling around on board books all night.
She also loves to say "The End" when we finish each story, so..... THE END!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutest Girlies EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hailey said...

It's so fun to see her in her "habitat and hear all the cute things she's saying and doing!

Hillary said...

She is so darling! And I love how Gwen gets pampered on your walks too!