Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gretel is a funny girl!



I got a few pictures of Gretel on her little trike that "Pop-C" got her. She is so funny and is always in la-la land. She sings to herself and just messes around all day long. She is good at doing a lot of nothing, really. Just lots of wandering the house hanging /climbing on things and pretending to be several movie characters each day. The rest of us are other characters is her movie. For example, when she's Jazzy, (short for Jasmin) I am always Aladdin and Gwen is Aboo. We sing "A whole new world" and she tears up little pieces of toilet paper to make my turban and little even tinier ones to also put on my head which are the jewels. She says the words toilet and jewels really funny.

Her favorite character lately is Oliver from the movie Oliver and Company. He is a cat, so she crawls around the house meowing and pawing at me, "Jenny." I love when we pretend this because she is extra cuddly and sweet. She wants to be held and have me pet her soft fur and everything. She will do just about anything Jenny asks. She used to have a hard time saying Oliver and it sounded just like "Over." Johnny kind of taught her how to say it correctly, and she says it really well now. She tells me, "Sometimes we say "Oliver" and sometimes we say "Over." Also, when we are these characters, Gwen is Tito and Johnny is Sikes, the mean dog. The last few days she has been nicer to Johnny, but she has been going through a rough phase with him, where she was favoring me a lot, and not so nice to him.
One thing she said to Johnny that really made us laugh was, Johnny told her that he loved her toy dogs "Cutsy and Wo Wo." (she named them, and we love these names!) Her response was, "Well they don't love you! They bite you and they scratch you!"

Also, she loves to be Perdi and I am Pongo. She is Mrs. Frisby, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc. It changes constantly. I'm glad this phase is back, because she stopped pretending to be lots of people for a while, and I missed it!

Lately when she sees whoever it is that she's pretending to be, (either on tv or in a book) she'll say things like, "look! there I am running away in the forest and the queen is going to feed me a poison apple!" Or at the beginning of a Disney movie when they show the castle she says, "there's my castle!"
She really cracks us up.


Also, she loves music and requests these songs:

1. Magic Dance by David Bowie
2. La Vien Rose by Louis Armstrong
3. Just an old fashioned girl by Eartha Kitt
4. Face Drop by Sean Kingston (she must love him, because Fire Burning was her very favorite song when she was only about a year, and we'd listen to it over and over)
5. Someone like you by Adele (she calls it the "nevermind song")

That last one is her absolute favorite, and she asks to listen to it a lot. She also yells, "LOUDER! LOUDER!" Then she belts it out with me. The other night when I was rocking her we had this conversation:

G: Mom, what does boun mean?
me: Is the word bound? Are you thinking of the nevermind song?
G: Ya-she says bound by thee surprise....
me: Ya! She says the word "the" like "thee"...
then I explained to her what bound meant.

Really, I find her highly entertaining! She is very affectionate lately and always says, "Mommy I love you" or "Daddy I love you." She isn't such a prickly porcupine anymore!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

B said...

It sounds like you and Gretel have tons of fun together-what a fantastic mom you are!
Gretel has quite a lot of personality-that is hilarious that she puts herself right into the movies!
Love the photos, she is darling!

Teal said...

Ohhh my word! I can't believe what a smart girl she is!! That's insane. I really liked seeing what songs she's into. I even made her a playlist that I'll plan on adding to when I hear what her fave songs are :) I'll play her playlist for her when she's here again, and she'll love it! I think it's hilarious that she is so outrageous with picking characters. Yet again.... "What a clown!"

Kristy said...

She is so darling. I can't believe how grown up she is. She sounds like a little character. I think you were probably like that as a child. It was such fun to see you and the Slaughs with your parents in Disneyland. Hope to see you soon in Utah. I am dying for one of your fabulous pedicures!