Sunday, September 4, 2011

My summer in Utah!

This summer I was in Utah a ton! I went there while Johnny studied for the bar, which he took at the end of July. (He won't get his results until just before Thanksgiving!)
So, while I was there a ton happened! Hailey had her baby Penelope on June 9th. I waited to go home until she was born. My mom and I went to the hospital in the middle of the night to see her straight from the womb! It was a total blast; very memorable. She is a little doll. Her name is Penelope Jane, and I like to call her "P.J." just to drive Hab crazy! I also got to go to her one month photo shoot with Hab, which was way fun. More pictures of that later!

We planned and did so many fun things; we kept saying how we'd always remember this summer because of all the really fun activities we did.
Here are the highlights-I don't have pictures of everything, unfortunately!!

-Going to Bear Lake two weekends in a row; Gretel's first tube ride behind the boat! She loved getting splashed and giggled a ton!
-Going to Midway and riding scooters/swimming
-Going to Chuck E. Cheese or, as I like to call it...."Charles E. Cheddar!" We had so much fun there; I started referring to it as "The Cheddar." Gretel asks to go back every day.
-Lagoon; we did the freakiest ride with Gretel called Dinosaur Drop. She also did bumper cars and loved everything she rode. Hab and I did the Wicked roller coaster with Teal-so scary! Gretel also asks to go back to Lagoon every day.
-I went to my very first series of acupuncture appointments and finally got to meet the famous (in my fam, anyway) Dr. Ding! I loved every minute of being there.
-Going to dinner with Tonya, Tess, my mom and Hab at Vinto and had my dream pasta.
-Dinner with Claudia and the Olsen girls at the Grand America, so that was hilarious company.
-Dollar movie night with Hilly, my mom and Hab. We saw Something Borrowed and went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream after! I loved that night!
-I did plenty of pedicures and earned some cash while visiting with old clients of mine that I love and miss.
-Went to the zoo with the fam and Red Robin for dinner. Then I went swimsuit shopping with Hab afterward!
-We went to the Living Aquarium one day with mom, Hab, Hudda and Ollie. Gretel loved being able to see her cousins and play with them a bunch.
-Got my fave Beto's breakfast burritos on the way to the farmer's market one Saturday morning.
-I went to visit two of my friends from high school/childhood: both named Katie. One just had twins so I got to see them (so cute) and the other has a little girl that's Gretel's age and they love playing together.

-Johnny and I were both in Utah at the very end and we went to Seven Peaks for Hab's birthday, (Gretel loved going on the big water slides with me!) then saw a hilarious comedian that night. We also got to celebrate my dad's birthday by having a campout in my parent's backyard and yummy breakfast the next morning, which was really fun!
We also enjoyed a pool party that Johnny's parents hosted for his side of the fam, and Gretel loved swimming all night long! We also went to the zoo and the aquarium with his family, and ate at Hires then saw the movie The Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Wow! It really was a totally packed summer and I was able to do every activity that I've wanted to do in ages! Thank you mom and dad, for taking us to so many places, and planning such a memorable summer. I really do have the best parents and family in the world, and I really love them. I am lucky I was able to spend so much time with them this summer!




Hab and I competing-I just loved our "Evening at The Cheddar!"






























Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

B said...

We always love it when you come out to Utah-you are such fun to hang out with!
Your summer sounded spectacular-makes me sad fall is here!
PS: I quite like the photo of Gretel in the spider man mask :)

B said...

and of course I love the you have managed to bring a little sophitication to Charles E. Cheddar!

qifei2012 said...

'microsoft' features distinct divisions for organization, enjoyment and companies Microsoft office 2010. Contained in the support section involving Microsoft Windows may be the primary product or service, and since the intro has been printed in a variety of variations like Windows 2003, XP, 07 or anything else office 2010. Office 2010 download