Sunday, April 1, 2012

Weirdo with a Beardo

I stole the term "weirdo with a beardo" from my mom, who always said it to my older brother when he had a little scruff. Well, I wish all I had to look at was a little scruff!!! This is what I'm living with:
Since I've been tortured for months looking at him, I thought I deserved to torture him by making him look like "Beast" getting ready for his special dinner with Belle
It was just as fun as I thought it would be.

A while ago, Gretel told my parents she didn't love daddy because he looks like a werewolf. Then, right after that while Johnny was walking down the hall at church, a little girl from primary said, "Look! A werewolf!" I swear, if this didn't embarrass him into shaving, then nothing will.

It feels so wiry! He gets crumbs in it when he eats, and drool in it when he sleeps. He shampoos it in the shower, and uses my hairbrush to brush it upward and make it look even more bushy. Plus, he has grown out his hair, (on his head) which isn't all that bad unless he takes a shower at night. Then, he brushes it into these giant wings and mohawk which makes me laugh really hard, actually! I keep telling him that I wish we had a costume party to go to! This is the time to really show off a look like this!

I think he started growing it out because he figured this was the only time he'd be able to grow it out for a long period of time without needing to shave for a job. (He started growing it at the end of November) He didn't want to bother with grooming himself if he was just in the library studying every day. February was such a brutal month for all of us. He was gone studying all day every day, and I was in a coma. I was so tired, I could barely function most days. Poor Gretel had an impatient mom, and a stressed out dad. Now we're just waiting for bar results, which we'll find out in another month and a half.

He gets lots of compliments on his look from the guys in our ward. I didn't believe him when he told me this at first, but I've now heard them saying how they wish they could do this and not have to worry about shaving for work! Now he says he's like Samson-it's what will give him power, so he can't possibly cut it now.
I think his theme song for himself is probably "Close every door to me, hide all the world from me..." from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. But I like to sing, "Tale as old as time...." from Beauty and the Beast.
He looks like Zach Galifianakis and Joaquin Phoenix, when he was going through his weird phase.
Anyway, I hope he shaves soon-I'm looking forward to seeing his face again!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I cannot believe that beard. He might want to think of auditioning for Vampire Diaries as one of the werewolves. He is right, though. This is probably the only time he will be able to wear a beard like that!

B said...

love love love the post, so hilarious! I have been wanting O to grow a beard so I can call him "wildebeest gone wild".
I love that Gretel thinks he looks like a werewolf, and of course the primary kid's comment was great!

Enjoy the beard while its around :)

Johnny said...

I love it. Once he lands a sweet crim defense job he'll have to bring the beard back because it gives him a certain extra credibility in that field of law.

qifei2012 said...

Microsof company offers distinct divisions with regard to business, entertainment and companies office 2010. Included in the program section regarding Ms windows could be the main product or service, because the intro has been posted in numerous versions for example Glass windows 2002, Windows xp, '07 or anything else Microsoft office 2010. Office 2010 download