Sunday, February 12, 2012

"No! That's your happy boice!"

Gretel is such a unique character. She is the funniest kid, Johnny and I say that all the time. She refuses to accept praise-she gets all sad and mopey if either of us looks at her and smiles, saying "good job!" when she has just finished saying the prayer (or other things she's done well).
It's really hard and unnatural not to praise a child! For a while she would slump her shoulders, and walk away. Then it turned into her slumping, clasping her hands together behind her back, while walking away. It was hilarious! She stopped doing that as much, and it turned into her putting one or two hands on her cheeks and making a major pouting face:




Now its evolved into her yelling, "NO! That's your happy boice!" We try to just praise her in a robot-type voice, and she likes that.

She loves playing games and watching cartoons on the ipad. The other day when she was watching a short cartoon on youtube, I told her that after it was finished, I needed her to turn it off and come downstairs to eat. While walking downstairs she said, "mom-when my movie ended, I wanted my finger to push another movie, but I didn't. I turned it off instead!" I thought this was so sweet, but I tried not to act enthused. I kind of casually said, "give me five" and held out my hand for her. She said, "No, I don't want to because it will hurt too much." I told her she could hit it as softly as she wanted. She got this really pitiful expression (like a sad kitty face) and barely slid her hand on mine.
She needs to be put into acting lessons! She is so dramatic and the faces she pulls are SO expressive. I can't help but laugh at her all day, which she hates. Also, lately at night when we read stories, she wants to act out every page. The most fun ones have been the Llama Llama books. (I'm mama llama and she's little llama) Story time takes quite a while when it turns into a full-on play, but it's fun!

7 comments:

Hailey said...

What a clown! I can just picture it...so sad I can't see it in person! I want to come to story time at your house. It sounds like it would be a blast!

Katrina said...

Oh my goodness, Gretel is hilarious. You must have so much fun with her. So excited for you to have your baby boy. You look beautiful, by the way!

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

I love the stories you tell on your blog! They always crack me up! Gretel is so daring, and equally funny :-) :-) You do need to post a new pregnant picture of you! I can't believe you are due in April...that is coming SO soon!!

Teal said...

ahhhahhah I loved praising her in "a robot voice!" I laughed out loud!

Teal said...

hahaha I can totally see her making you act everything out with the llama books! So so funny

Cool Boy said...

nice...nice blog..

yea...every action has a reaction..

yoga exercise
hair tips
yoga meditation

qifei2012 said...

Microsoft 'office' Mobile, the actual cell variation involving 'microsoft office' programs, the perfect solution is can be included in the particular link Place of work created for Home windows Mobile phone 6, which usually does not need to down load or set up everything else to begin but merely see a link involving Place of work about mobile phone to start and also develop 'microsoft office' papers Microsoft office 2010. Microsoft office 2010 download