Wednesday, October 8, 2008

No Turning Back Now!!

So I really can't believe there's only a week and a half left until my due date! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it, but every now and then I have a sudden feeling of fear flooding over me. I think, wow! I really have to actually face labor and the scariness of pushing a baby out of me! There's no going back; I have no choice. But I figure if everyone else can do it, so can I. Wish me luck! Also, it's funny how much I feel like "Newman" from Seinfeld lately. I'm so round and large! I like to sing a song to Johnny-it's to the tune of the Mickey Mouse song, but instead of singing, M-I-C-K-E-Y.....I sing, "B-I-G-G-I-E- B-U-N-S" and I even have a little biggie buns dance that I do to go along with! It makes me laugh so hard, I probably entertain myself more than hubby!

I never thought I'd have my first baby while living out of state. Every time I call my mom lately, she thinks I'm calling to tell her I'm in labor! It definitely makes things a little more suspenseful-She'll have to grab her bags and hop on the plane as soon as the action starts!

Johnny and I really are ecstatic and can't believe how little time there is left! YAY!

3 comments:

Dave and Jeanne said...

Good Luck! You'll be awesome. We are so excited for you and Johnny. Can't wait to see that sweet little baby. Love Dave and Jeanne

Katherine said...

I don't know if that overwhelming feeling will ever go away! Good luck! Being parents is the best, most fun and entertaining thing. We're excited to see Gretel, take lots of pictures!

Erin said...

i had those same thoughts...how am i going to get this baby out of me? But people do it again and again. I'm so excited!