Friday, March 6, 2009

Chelsea and the Chocolate Factory!!




The other night I hosted the most fun party ever! It was a SURPRISE party for our friend Katie-her husband Zack planned everything, and just needed somewhere to have it. He wanted some suggestions on what I thought would be a fun theme. Knowing her passion for anything chocolate, I suggested that, and maybe some karaoke! He really took both ideas seriously, and hired a guy who used to be a radio D.J. to come and bring all his equipment to my house. We had a chocolate fountain with lots of yummy dipping treats, a huge chocolate cake, chocolate soda, & an assortment of candy bars, truffles, etc. I made my mom's famous marshmallow brownies, and I was going to make hot chocolate, but I think we were all a little too hot and sweaty for that, after all of our wild and crazy dancing! So here are some pics of our little chocolate/karaoke/dance clubbing ladies night....






I made these really fun centerpieces for the table-they were so fun to create!


I was glad we all pulled it off! Katie thought I was babysitting her kids while she and Zack went to dinner, so they were dropping them off when we all surprised her! She started off our party by singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" Some other highlights of the night were Jaycee (both Jaycee and Katie are pregnant which made it even funnier) rockin' out to Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" and Abby and Jessica rapping/booty shaking to "I Like Big Butts." Melissa and I did Salt n' Peppa's "Shoop" and a big group sang "Summer Lovin" from Grease which I heard was the best, but I missed it because I had to take Gretel upstairs to feed her-she was way too into the party and refused to eat amongst the action because she just wanted to watch!! I'm glad she warmed up to the crazy atmosphere fast-here is a picture of her when I'd just brought her downstairs for the first time right after she woke up...



But pretty soon she was one of the girls!





It might've been partly because of all the chocolate I ate, but I couldn't sleep later that night because I was still so hyper! Shauna told me the same thing happened to her; she just laid awake thinking of all the songs she should've done! So we've decided it would be really fun to do it again, and we've already come up with a long list of future songs that we think would be hilarious!!
A few girls had already left before we took this group picture; sorry!

(sing along now....) "Yes it's ladies night, and the feelin's right-oh yes it's ladies night, oh what a OH WHAT A NIGHT!!!
Also, thanks for visiting us recently, Grandma Cheryl! We had a blast as always....


Gretel Gumdrops is five months today! I can't believe it!!


8 comments:

BBC said...

that was so much fun!!!! thanks for hosting a great party!

krista said...

What a fun party!! That is one of the most fun party ideas I have heard! Everything looks scrumptious! I especially love your centerpieces! They are so cute! Gretel looks adorable! I love the last picture of her. Her eyes are so big and beautiful!

krista said...

What a fun party!! That is one of the most fun party ideas I have heard! Everything looks scrumptious! I especially love your centerpieces! They are so cute! Gretel looks adorable! I love the last picture of her. Her eyes are so big and beautiful!

krista said...

P.S. Your mom's marshmallow brownies sound so good right now!

Kristy said...

I loved this blog--the party, the decorations, the songs, the last baby picture. So much fun! What a party diva you are, Chelsea. (The title of your blog was absolutely perfect!) Gretel is such a darling baby; I want to squeeze her!

Jenn said...

That was such a fun party! Thanks for hosting- you did a great job! Can't wait for the next one! I love the pictures too.

Hailey said...

What a fun party! I'm mega jeal I wasn't there!! All those pics of Gretel are too cute. I love the pic of her right after she woke up. Hilarious!! See you soon...

Anonymous said...

That was super fun!!! I love birthdays and chocolate!