Thursday, March 19, 2009

"KNEE! SHIN! FOOT!...


...GROIN!!" These are just a few of the words screamed by the most recent girl who earned a black belt in karate. That's right, moi!!

So what if the belt was one that I pulled out of my own closet? I feel much more powerful, confident, and capable of taking on this "Chester" that I saw lurking at the gym a couple of weeks ago-if I ever see him again. I'm just being silly; I'm such a weakling!!

Last night we did a self-defense night at a real karate academy for our Young Women's activity, and it was the most fun I've had in a long time! I'm sure the teacher thought I was a real fool! I couldn't stop laughing, especially when the pad I was holding was being pummeled by another YW leader, and I felt like Kip from "Napoleon Dynamite" because I couldn't help but whine, "Ow!" Also, when Shauna was holding me back using a belt wrapped around my stomach, I was supposed to be trying to get away from her and punch the pad in front of me, but I couldn't even move because Shauna was way stronger! The two of us couldn't breathe we were laughing so hard!!!

Later that night, John got home from class and asked how it went. He jokingly grabbed me from behind in a tight hug, and I gave him a swift kick in the shin with the back of my heel! That's right, baby-BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!!!

3 comments:

midway2009 said...

Hey this is your pops. I have to admit I like looking at blogs. espsilly my daughters. The picture of Gretel Gumdrop was great.:She is "the cutest one YET!!!" I liked your new blackbelt, probably a belt from one of your trips with Mom to "Anthro" with a little flower on it. Oh how I failed in teaching my prissy girls how to Throwing a Ball and having a black belt for a daughter

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! It was fun and I'm still laughing! We have to go again, and then we'll hit the "other" place **wink wink**! I'm so glad your my friend!

BBC said...

hilarious! looks like you girls had so much fun!