Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring has Sprung - Merry Eastermas!



I'm sure Chels will be changing that title any moment now...


Well, April has been a fun month so far for our little family here in California. At the beginning of the month Chels decided to start feeding Gretel rice cereal. This has been a big hit and Gretel looks forward to sitting in her little chair and being spoon fed (she is just like her papa).















"Eat your rice, you need your strength!"






Now something about this little girl. Gretel does not cry. She yells, squawks, whines and grunts but this little girl does not cry (she doesn't even do those other things very often) So needless to say I was very shocked at her reaction when I attempted to serenade her to Tom Jones's "Shes a Lady". After the first verse she froze and just looked at me like this:


I thought it was pretty comical. She wouldn't move at all - and she looked like she was terrified of me. In hindsight my attempt to rectify the situation probably wasn't the best, but I thought that if I kept singing the song, she would just realize that it was her silly ol' dad. The following pics explain the rest...




Yes that is an actual tear by her eye!








I tried to apologize but it was too late! The tears were flowing..


Lets chalk this one up to the up and coming teething phase, in the mean time I'll let Chels handle all Tom Jones impersonations.
On to the main event: EASTER!!
Even though we miss being with our families around these fun holidays, Chels and I put in a pretty good effort to make these occasions fun and memorable. In addition to it being Easter it was also Gretel's half birthday!
The festivities started with an Easter egg hunt organized by our friend Shauna, at the park.


Soaking up the sun in the dewy meadow!

She didn't get any candy eggs but she still had fun.
Easter was fun! Chels and I (mostly chels) made a yummy din din - Chicken cor don Bleu and some red potatoes au johnny, and a touch of asparagus. And dessert was provided by Tiny Tina - thanks for the Cummings Eggs!


Gretel wanted to thank Grama Mimi and Craiger for helping to fill the Easter basket, and for her cute little Easter dress.

As a thank you, little Gretel will be sending some Easter pics to the Grandparents




This one is our favorite!

7 comments:

BBC said...

i totally agree with you! that last angel pic is so cute!!!

Hailey said...

Your posts are always such eye candy... By the time I get to post a comment, I can't remember everything that I've seen!
Easter looked like lots of fun, and Dretel looks so cute in her bunny coat. I loved her eating her rice, Steph! Johnny, I was really laughing about you singing to her. Poor girl!! Keep the laughs coming!

Kristy said...

I love you Buchi girls and your blogs. Next to my grandkids, yours are the most darling kids around! Gretel should be in a magazine; she got looks and personality! Babies are cute, but she has something extra special about her.

Erin said...

Gretel is so adorable. I can't wait to see her in May. I love the bunny coat and the angel wings. Happy Easter!

Chris and Jennifer said...

Your baby girl is gorgeous!!! She looks like she is growing really fast. You guys looks so happy together :)

Ashleigh said...

Seriously, cutest Easter picture I have ever seen! She is a doll!

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

Look at that little Easter Bunny girl! She is such a doll!! Too bad we aren't neighbors here in Utah so the girls could get together and play in their matching Easter bunny coats and cupcake bibs!!! Really, it's starting to get weird how many things we seem to have the same! Jk :-) Lunch was so fun when you were in town, it was great to see you!!