Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's Bananas...B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!














So little Gretel Gumdrops is now eating some solid snackies! She started off with her rice cereal, (which she loved right away) then tried bananas. She isn't too fond of them, even though I gave them to her for 5 days straight, hoping she'd get used to the taste. She makes these breathy gagging sounds, and squints her eyes. She also likes to get rid of it by leaning over her little chair and sticking out her tongue until the mashed-up mess plops onto the kitchen table. Then the finger painting begins! Here are some pics...















She LOVES to blow spit bubbles at me while her mouth is full of food!















She really loves avocado, and eats it with no problemo! I yell "holy guacamole" in an obnoxious voice when I feed it to her, and she gets a real charge out of it!


She is an active little squirt! She's gotten so good at rolling around, that she's now really into scooting around the room on her tummy! She also holds herself up in plank position and takes a couple of knee crawls, then falls and does more army crawling. Her fave spot to scoot to is the kitchen chair, so she can lick the leg-sick!













She is soo squirmy, and is always kicking her feet or scratching something with her little fingernails. I call her my "little kitten" or "Kitty Cucumber" (I had paper dolls named that when I was little) for 3 reasons:


*she laps up the milk
*her cooing sounds have always sounded just like a cat, and
*because Johnny says she needs a scratching post for those nails! (I didn't even know what a scratching post was until recently)


I just took her to the Doctor a few days ago, so here are the "little kitten's" most recent measurements:

Weight: 9%
Height: 39%

Our "plump dumpling" isn't so plump afterall- she's definitely on the small side, so we're going to keep the groceries coming!














8 comments:

Katherine said...

I love the second picture of her eating the bananas! That face says it all! And it cracks me up that she licks the chair! She's adorable, don't you think it's fun having a little squirt?

dougandkatieanderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dougandkatieanderson said...

I love the pics of her eating the nana's (as Addy calls them) Thy are so hilarious! She is such a doll!

krista said...

I love all of her cute facial expressions!! She is so expressive! She is adorable!

Kristy said...

I love her expressions! Who knew that bananas could be so yucky? Maddie has always hated bananas; even the smell of them makes her gag. You are such a clever writer, Chels, I think that you and Johnny could go into the business.

Anonymous said...

So very cute!! Only your baby could look so adorable while eating food, spitting it out, and licking a chair :-)

devon said...

She is definitely one cute little girl. I'm excited to meet her for the first time! Only two weeks to go...

Hailey said...

I love that you call her Kitty Cucumber! She reminds me of Ollie doing gross things like finger painting and licking the chair. I love the pic of her in her hot pink outfit. It looks like she is doing leg exercises or something. So cute :)