Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mamacita Day!!



So Mother's Day was a real blast!! Johnny made me breakfast in bed, and it was delicious!! He started working on it the night before, and made baked French toast. Yum!! While it was in the oven, he got up with Gretel and fed her some rice cereal. Then he brought my breakfast upstairs on a tray with milk in my favorite little goblet, and maple syrup in a pitcher, a bowl of strawberries and raspberries, and a little folded napkin. It was so wonderful! Then he gave me a Juicy charm of ballet slippers for my charm bracelet.



I love being little Gretel's mom so much! She is such a good little girl! Last year on Mother's Day I was pregnant; it's so weird to think about that, and now she's here and we're having a blast with her every day! I am so lucky!


Also, I had to speak in church which Johnny pointed out was unfair, because they usually give all the women a day off from their churchie duties on Mother's Day. I found some good material, and thanks to my hubby, it was all well organized! He helped me whip it into shape. I talked about a mother's heart, and how its nurturing qualities are able to embrace many, including animals (for my little Gwen and for all the women out there who love their pets as much as I love mine)

Anyway, I felt like it went well, and I'm glad it's over! The banana splits we got in R.S. were a perfect reward!


I should've written about this sooner-Johnny and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on April 20th!! I'm so lame, I didn't even post anything the day of. But I found this pic of us on our first anniversary, with the cake I'd made us in our wedding colors!





This year, we went out to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe, and we're planning to go on a picnic on the Sacramento River after John's dumb finals are over!! (the day of our anniversary, it was 90 degrees so we didn't think the picnic sounded too fun)

It was my most favorite anniversary yet, because the gifts we gave were so much fun! I made him this little storybook/scrapbook titled, "John Juan-Boy vs. Man: A Captivating Tale of Inner Struggle" I have many nicknames for Johnny, and "John Juan" is my most recent. Anyway, I loved making it, and he loves looking at it! He gave me a very funny card he made explaining why he chose my gift, which was a sailboat Juicy charm! We both put a lot of thought and planning into our presents, and it ended up being so much fun to exchange them!!



A few fun pics of our babies... I love being a mom to my girls!!!






And a little shout out to our own moms-you guys are the best! We hope you both had a wonderful day, and we love you!!

5 comments:

Hailey said...

Of course you and your new Mexican self named your post "Mamacita"! I had to laugh. Your skin looks so glow-y in all those pics...I'm yealous! Was the sailboat charm "in lieu" of your fab trip to Belize? Just a guess.
I love Gretel's cross-eyes in that pic with her hat. What a hoot!

Chris and Jennifer said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! Gretel is getting so big and so beautiful :D. And yes you guessed right! Christian was born on the 22nd on April... So something fun did happen that day. You and I were the only two to guess the right day :)

Kristy said...

Chelsea, your blogs never fail to delight me! I loved your description of Mother's Day; oh that we all were so lucky! Gretel is adorable in all the pictures. What a wonderful little family you and Johnny have. Thanks for giving us a picture of your life.

B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...

Mamacita,

your babe is as cute as ever and John Juan is still the man-breakfast in bed with all of the extra touches!

ps: your anniversary cake is simply spectacular!