Friday, May 29, 2009

"C-THACK" Will Be My Prison Name...

I was recently summoned to appear for jury duty, and totally forgot to go! When I first got the papers in the mail, I told Johnny about it and made a mental note of the date (which was the first week of May). Then, I filed the papers in my little folder titled "Attention" so I would remember--too bad I never paid much "attention" to that folder. My very organized mother-in-law helped me create a system for all my mail the last time she came to visit us. The mail/paper in general is my biggest enemy and I can't seem to get control of it. Thanks Cheryl, it does work for me most of the time!!



Anyway, Johnny was really sweatin' it and told me that we'd probably get charged a huge fine, that I could be put in jail, and that this was "serious." I'm sure he was also concerned that he'd have to become a single parent due to my irresponsible behavior! So, if I happen to get thrown in the slammer, I just wanted you to know how to address your letters you may be mailing me!

P.S. "C-THACK" will be in her dark cell singing "Close Every Door To Me" from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
P.S.S. Johnny made me call the courthouse and they said that they would resend another jury assignment, so hopefully no harm no foul!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to check out your fun filing system! I will come visit you C Thack and we can decorate your cell!!

Angella said...

I recently got summoned, too, but I filled in the part that says I can't attend due to being a stay-at-home mom. Did you know you could do that? Me neither!

Hailey said...

I was so stressed reading this worrying about if someone saw your post and turned you in!! I'm glad you called to let them know---you're sooooo Chels to forget something like that...I wouldn't be able to sleep if I had to go do that!! Clever song, too!

Jenn said...

The last time I had Jury Duty, there were several people there who were explaining that they forgot to show up the previous week. They were told that they would receive another summons in the mail. Glad I don't have to come visit you in prison, C-Thack :)

Kristy said...

Chels, you are such a character. I laughed so much when I read your blog about jury duty. I am like Hailey and would have been so nervous, but you just took it in stride. What a girl!

cheryl_jtfamily@msn.com said...

That's totally something I would do. Guess our next step is to get you a calendar where you write down all your appointments and put it somewhere you'll be sure to see it every day. Glad you called and
got that resolved or Johnny would have had you sweating bullets.

B said...

This is such a classic story, (and great pics!), it is just as funny as the felines at the zoo!

And I hope you don't end up in Prison because gwennie will miss her bed time massages!