Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chelseita's Mexi Meals!

So this little post is for you, Mom and Hab! When I told you about my Mexican food phase I've been going through, you both were really cracking up at the things I've been whipping up in the kitchen for myself almost daily....even though these aren't real recipes, I thought I'd share how I make them. So here is how you'll eat when you visit Juarez (aka mi casa!) Make sure to pack plenty of bottled water, too! jk


"Paco's" Salad:


Romaine lettuce
Rotisserie chicken from Costco, shredded
Black beans (or other fave bean) mom-you may omit the beans; I know you're "allergic"
Avocado, sliced or diced (guacamole is also yummy)
Cheddar cheese, grated
Grape tomatoes, halved

*Drizzle with Salsa-Ranch dressing (just stir together your favorite salsa and ranch, using more salsa than ranch) If you're from "Sac" or live close to a Safeway, my absolute fave is Safeway brand salsa

*Top with crumbled tortilla chips
"OLE!"

"Chico's" Breakfast Burritos:




Burrito size flour or corn tortillas, (Costco has some great uncooked tortillas)
Black forest ham
Hash browns, shredded or cubed (cook according to bag)
Eggs, scrambled with melted cheese
Black beans
Avocado chunks
Salsa spooned inside or on the side for dipping

*Hash browns will make burrito a lot bulkier
Warm tortillas on a skillet, then layer all ingredients in this order. Fold sides in and roll up.
"BUENO!"


"Pedro's" Extreme Nachos:



Bake chicken breasts in the oven and 350 degrees for about 20 min. They won't be finished cooking. Then, dice the chicken while it's still hot and finish cooking in a skillet (sprayed with nonstick spray) rotating so they cook evenly. When the chicken is almost finished cooking, sprinkle with a little taco seasoning. Drain juices.


Spread chips on a baking sheet and top with:
Chicken
Black beans
Avocado chunks
Olives, sliced
(any other desired toppings)
Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese

Bake at 350 just until cheese is melted. These are way better than Kip's (on Napolean) "DELICIOSO!"

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Chels, everything looks and sounds delish! I am so glad you are going through this Mexican food stage; I am going to try all your recipes.

Carrie said...

I don't usually blog hop, but I did today. I was laughing out loud at your favorite things. Esp. your onion goggles. Awesome.

Hillary said...

Those all sound so yummy! Brian would be just thrilled if we went through a Mexi phase, too, since we've definitely been in a cooking rut lately.

dougandkatieanderson said...

Oh Chels you seriously crack me up!! I love reading your blogs and looking at pictures of cute little Gretel!!
Have you tried black bean and corn salsa? It is so yummy! It would be delish on your little masterpieces!!

krista said...

Sounds yummy! I love Mexican food and will soon be trying your recipes!

Hailey said...

Though everything looks delish, and Steve would wish I would whip these dishes up, I have to say cooking is not my forte as you well know. So I am fully expecting you to wine and dine me when I get there, and then hopefully it will inspire me to create when I get home!

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

Chelsea, I have to tell you that I tried your nacho recipe the other day for lunch! It was yummy and I snacked all day!!! Remember the old seminary teacher that said to Rowberry, "Why don't you put a wiener in your purse and nibble on it when you get hungry"! Weird that just came to me! Anyway, good job on your creations...they rock!!!