Sunday, May 2, 2010

O Sister, Where Art Thou?

Sisters, sisters...there were never such devoted sisters
Caring, sharing
Every little thing that we are wearing
(except when I'd spill guacamole on everything I'd borrow from you)


Hab-this post is dedicated to Y-O-U! I miss you for so many reasons, and I find myself thinking that I wish you lived by me (yes, Sac is where the party's at) because we'd be having so much fun! I threw in a bunch of old pictures of us "just for grins" and I took them out of that "Sisters" album you made me. I think they're lots of fun to look at!

I love that we always had matching jammies! (and other clothes too...it's too bad we don't have pictures of us in our squirrel outfits!

How easy we are to entertain...I remember having sooo much fun taking these pictures as we were rolling with laughter at that hideous clip-on hair piece, and me (of course) taping up my nose!!



Our rad 80's unitards!

I know I was really missing you for a lame reason when I was asked (as part of my activities committee job) to make a poster. I needed your skillz since you're the poster queen! I wanted you to see how it turned out because I was very proud of my first poster! I woman in my ward helped me a ton, because she used her Cricut to cut out the letters.
The heart is 3-D; it was a Valentine chocolates box. I had to make two of these posters so it was perfect because I used the top and the bottom of the box. I thought the black boa and rhinestones completed the look.
It looks much better in person, though.


I am always missin' you extra bad when I get that awful "line of demarcation" aka roots!! Although I would never recommend to anyone that they should color their own hair, I wanted you to see how I had to do my roots last summer when I was blonde. Johnny would hold up a mirror at a certain angle so I could see the crown area, and it would totally stress him out!
There is a definite reason why people should leave this to the professionals...I'm sure you agree with me, as you've had to fix plenty of at-home color disasters!
Thankfully you taught me well, and I could only do my partline just to get me through until my next appointment with you.

I was proud of how my highlights turned out, and wanted you to see it!

Being brunette this past winter has made coloring my own hair a little easier, but my tresses are still in desperate need of your highly skilled fingers! (my friends say you need to come here, because you have a clientele here too)
Anyway, with the weather so warm I'm itching for highlights!!


Good thing I'm coming to town soon, so you can beautify me...and I'm excited to do your makeup for your fam pictures! We need each other's skillz!

6 comments:

Hailey said...

I'm so glad I get to be the first to comment on this post about lil'
ol' me! I love all these pictures of us, and it makes me sad I haven't gotten around to making an album for myself yet! I'm glad we took so many pictures of us being obnoxious. They got me extra exctited for you to come here in a few days. Hopefully we'll have some more obnoxious moments to document and add to our ever-expanding photo file of us!
I'm missing you and needing you in a bad way too. I'm going to look so smokin' hot for my family pics when you're through with me!!
I love that you have kept a hair photo diary! So much fun to see how you have kept your tresses in check between visits. Your bath robe and shower cap are great!
Is this the longest post you've ever had??

Hailey said...

Oh-p.s., Your poster looks great! And you are Ollie's twin in all those young photos. His twin.

Anonymous said...

I loveeeeee the pictures of you two as little ones. I love your sister too, she is super cool and all sorts of fun!

Anonymous said...

ps- (i'm copying your sis) when my sis comes to visit next month yours should come for a visit too and we can do a sisters karokeeeeee night!

Unknown said...

The Unitards just rocked my world!

B said...

The pics were fun-you two are so hilarious! I also love the boa touch-trust you to add a boa to anything, and of course the shower cap!