Thursday, April 22, 2010

PLEASE RECYCLE

If this face doesn't encourage you to recycle more, I don't know what will!

In honor of Earth Day, I thought this would be an appropriate post. I am obsessed with recycling, as my friends know, and I think I'm getting worse with age. I recently found myself wondering during church if they recycle the sacrament cups. (I found out they don't, and I'm going to help change that) All those little cups from the many wards across the world, just being thrown away week after week is abominable!

Yes-shocked is just how I feel too when I see someone throw away a water bottle, paper, or cans of soda.

When I was in 2nd grade, we watched a video that taught us "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!" in a little song. I really think it made a big impact on me. My mom is also really into recycling, and I used to tease her for how extreme she could be, but now I'm thankful for her example. I also find myself thinking many times, "I'm becoming my mother..."
So start teaching your kids young-Gretel seems quite interested in my little lecture....




She's really starting to get the hang of it!

"You go Glen Cocoa-good for you, Glen Cocoa"

The slogan on the outside of the recycle truck that comes each week says, "Stop treating your trash like garbage!"
The driver of this truck, Gretel and I will be watching YOU!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only YOU could do such an awesome post!! Happy Earth day to you, tralalaaaaaaaa!!

Carrie said...

I am so with you on the recycling. I feel so bad about throwing away my banana peels and apple cores that I'm thinking about doing a compost pile in my backyard, almost.

Katherine said...

that last face is hilarious!!! love it!

Hailey said...

Remember when we didn't have recycling at our condo and I saved it up in the garage and drove it up to Leigh and Julie's all the time? That's some serious Earth-loving dedication. Love Gretel's onesie and faces!!