Friday, July 16, 2010

Crafting for a good cause!!

So I've been crafting like crazy lately, and I finally finished everything I wanted to make this past Monday. Then I shipped it all to my sister Hailey for something really fun that she's doing!

Hailey and her husband Steve are hoping to adopt another baby! She has two good friends who wanted to help her, and suggested a fundraising boutique to help them spread the word. So Hailey asked me and other friends and family if we could help her make items to sell.

Other girls have made burp cloths, car seat blankets, binky clips, and many other flea market treasures!! Hailey has made gorgeous cupcakes and diaper cakes, and my mom has made divine marshmallow brownies. Katie Waltman Jewelry will also be there, so that's really fabulous!

Here are the details:
It will be held

Saturday, July 17
10 am-4 pm
in the parking lot of a shop in sugarhouse called "Abode"
1720 S. 900 E.

It's an outdoor flea market/boutique featuring all different vendors, and should be lots of fun....so please go and shop!!


Here are the items I made: Headbands, little girl hair clips, and wipes cases!









(just in case people want to get Christmas accessories early)








Here are the items Hailey has made: cupcakes and diaper cakes!



"Abode" wanted to feature Hailey's story on their blog, so here's the link if you'd like to read more about it. Also, (since I don't have a direct link on my blog) if you'd like to check out her personal blog, her address is threemenandalittlehailey.blogspot.com.


1 comment:

Hailey said...

Thanks for everything, beast! You're the best sis anyone could ever ask for :)