Thursday, August 5, 2010

Utah trip way back from May!!

So I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures from 3 months ago. I am going home again to visit my fam for my sister's big 30th birthday party, and I didn't just want all the pictures from these visits to run together in one big blur....
Better late than never-I have a lot of catching up to do! Anyway, the first picture is of my cute little brother Teal, since he just graduated from high school! I'm sorry I couldn't be there, Poochie!! Congrats you adult, you!!!



Thanks for flying me home every time, Dad! I really appreciate it!!!
Here we are, on a very early flight.


As for the trip, I got to go to a very fun bike race to see Teal in action. He is really an impressive cyclist! It was way fun watching him make his way to the front among all these men that are older than he is. They might call it "drafting," but I forget the jargon....anyway, he's super buff! My Dad was holding Gretel, and my Mom, Hailey, and I had fun cheering him on!!

Hailey and I also like to call his riding outfit his "COSTUME," as if it's a dance leotard or something.

My very tall, handsome and hilarious cousin Andy! I think he's 6'6, so we wanted to get a good shot of the height difference! It doesn't look as weird in a picture, but it feels crazy standing next to him!



Gretel was way sick on this trip, and spent almost the entire time with a high fever, just cuddled in my arms sleeping. It was very sad, and she just wasn't herself. I had to take her to the doctor in Utah, and she had a sinus infection and both ears were infected. So, toward the end of the trip she perked up a bit, and did a puzzle with my Dad!

Also, one night while I was giving my Mom a manicure, my Dad brought us some hot chocolate. My parents loved how Gretel drank it-dipping her little tongue in the mug, and slurping it at the same time, all without spilling! So my Dad had to run and grab his camera to capture the moment!

Hailey had a good idea-she suggested we go see the penguin exhibit at The Living Aquarium. It was way cool, and I think Gretel liked it. I wish she had've felt better-this was before I knew how sick she really was. She really does love "Mimi," it's just a sad moment....

Oliver and Hudson, aka Ollie and Hudda. It was awesome being able to see the stingrays so close-up! I have such cute nephews!!





Gettin' my "HAIR DID" at the salon Hailey still works at, aka my old salon too! Boy do I miss Bella Mia. My hair is always changing, and always a task for "Haaaairrrrrr's Hailey!!!!!" (in an announcer voice)
I wanted to go in between dark and blonde, and of course she delivered!

My Dad took Gretel out a few different nights to see their neighbor's chickens-she loved it!



Hillary (aka Hilly) came over one night and we hung out until late-eating dinner, frosting cookies for something Hailey was doing, and watching Glee. It was so much fun. Can't wait to see you all again very soon. Love ya fam!!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Johnny, you little devil! You changed the blog's background, and I'm just now noticing!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had good times! I want one of those yummy cookies.

Hailey said...

Love seeing all those pics, and can't wait to see you later this week!!

Kristy said...

It was so fun seeing you at Hailey's party. You looked darling as usual. I loved seeing the pictures of your May trip. You Buchi girls are the best!