Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hab's 30th birthday party....and other fun!

So I figured I should keep up my terrific habit of posting events WAY after they occur! Back in August, my sis Hailey (aka Hab) turned the big 3-0, and threw herself an awesome pink party. My dad flew me to Utah so I could be there for the party (thanks Dad-you're the best!) as well as hang out for a week!

The first day I arrived, Teal and I stopped at my fave place....Sconecutter!! We had a hilarious experience that left us in stitches at the drive-thru, so that was fun. He drove me to Hab and Steve's house, and the kids all played together while they made us all a really yummy dinner! My parents met us there and we all had lots of fun catching up and watching the kids play in the playhouse & backyard.



Hudson's robot moves














Hab's pink party was Pinkalicious! She has a great backyard for a summer night party!
It was perfect, and she'd thought of all sorts of fun details. She'd spray-painted twigs hot pink for a centerpiece/party favor tree. There were tiny nailpolishes tied to the tree that we each got to choose from before leaving. The food was all sooo good! There was dinner, pictures, and dancing. (I made some pretty wicked dinner and dance mixes if I do say so myself!)

Lauren and Betsy-we love their whole fun fam of girls! Betsy and I used to be roomies, and took organ lessons together, and also did lots of other obnoxious things together!! She's super fun and hilarious!

Oh, yes-all the guests were asked to wear pink





Besides the party, the highlight of the trip for me was going to water aerobics with Hab and my cousins Hillary and Tenley. I expected it to be fun, but it was WAY more fun that I thought it would be!!! After our exercise class, we decided to eat back all the calories we'd burned (and more) at Coldstone and The Pie. In that order too, because Hilly and Tenley were too polite to tell us that they hadn't eaten dinner yet, and got ice cream with us first. We felt awful when we learned this, and we all grabbed pizza after our dessert!

The morning of Hab's birthday, we all went to a Chicken and Waffles place that she loves, which is unfortunately out of biz now. Too bad...it was really good!


We went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory and opened gifties at Mom and Dad's house after. Here is the birthday girl posing with a few of her spoils. (I gave her the pink coasters) I especially love the necklace that she got-very cool!

While we were there, Gretel got hooked on the swing in my parent's backyard and wanted to be pushed out there for hours!
She loves Hilly's cute dogs, Lola and Bella. I do too! I'm so glad she gets to grow up with a little pup of her own. She and Gwen are thick as thieves lately! She loves to hold the leash and run with her! Anyway, I love these little Chihuahuas-they are very sweet!



This is Connor, who I used to babysit along with his siblings a long time ago. Their family was my favorite!! I can't believe how grown up and smart he is. I got to visit with him when he came over to ride my little brother Teal's golf cart. He was trying to earn money to try and buy it (I think he's bought it since then) and wanted to practice driving it. So he took Gretel and I around the block and he was a total blast to talk to. So mature-I felt like I was on a date (in a non-creepy way) because he was so fun to talk to!
His mom and siblings came over to visit since they heard from Connor that I was in town. Such a nice and cute family-I loved catching up with them!

Gretel was addicted to golf cart rides, and thankfully Teal was generous with taking her whenever she wanted to go!! She loves him and talks about him all the time.



Fun trip, and I can't believe it's taken me this long to write about it! I hope to have another visit soon! (Or you guys are invited here....)

7 comments:

Hailey said...

Loved seeing all those pics from another point of view as well as all the other fun we had. I'm so glad you got pics of our post aquacizing pork-out with Hill & Ten!

B said...

You guys are such festive people, Hailey's party was entirely fab! I'm sure water aerobics with the four of you together must have been a riot!

midway2009 said...

Chels, you make me laugh so hard! I love that you and Hab are so conscientious about taking pics and recording events. It is such fun looking at your posts and remembering the details. I just wish these moments were daily. I love looking at my Gretel "gumdrop".

Anonymous said...

I love the Golf cart pics! I think I'm gonna make it my new profile pic on facebook! I was telling mom when I was looking at Gretel: "There is not a better looking girl in the world. She is frickin gorgeous! Those teeth! Gosh!" Especially the picture when dad is holding her

Unknown said...

Gretel could not get any cuter!

Unknown said...

Chels, you make me laugh so hard! I love that you and Hab are so conscientious about taking pics and recording events. It is such fun looking at your posts and remembering the details. I just wish these moments were daily. I love looking at my Gretel "gumdrop".

Kristy said...

It was so fun to read about Hailey's party. It was a great party. She is so darling and creative. I keep telling her that she needs to write a book with all her fabulous ideas in it!

The pictures of Gretel and Hailey's boys are too cute. They are such beautiful children.