Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Recent Happenings

Gretel is so funny...she makes us laugh every day! She says hilarious things all the time, and I need to write them all down, before I forget. Last summer, I was drinking a can of Mug root beer, and she looked at it and said, "Dog-beast?" That was when she was just speaking in one or two word, question mark form. She also did that with Ollie's stuffed animal build-a-bear dog.
As soon as she saw it she said, "Teddy-dog?"






Now that she's talking in sentences, she is really making us howl with laughter....on our trip to Newport last week she got to hold Gwen on her lap for the last 30 min. of the drive. Poor Gwen was trapped! Gretel stroked her and said, "I'm sorry, puppy-pup...but I'm happy!" Today while on a walk together, we passed by a middle-eastern man wearing a turban, dark glasses and walking with a cane. Gretel said "there's a man" a couple of times before she just had to add "he looks like Rasputin" just at the exact time we were right next to him! Horrid. She's easy to understand, so when she says things like that it's so embarrassing. Anyway, here's what we've been up to. A couple of weeks ago she had the flu and was throwing up for a few days. So Johnny brought her some flowers. I liked this dramatic picture of her.




Johnny's mom says she is a real character, and she is!



She loves staying and playing in her bath towel for a really long time after "tubby tine" as she calls it.






She spends hours each day wrapping up penguin and other bath animals in white wash cloths, aka making them dresses. I wish I had her facing the window so it would be better lighting. I told her to pose with her hands by her face like this, and she did it for me!




She did this pose all on her own, and Johnny captured it at the right moment. What a poser!

She loves putting on her hat, "mitts" and snow boots around the house.






She pours me smoothies in her kitchen she got from Mimi and Pop-C


She loves her "glass slippers" so much that Grandma gave her. She lives in them, and she fell asleep one night wearing them! They have Cinderella on them, and she used to role play by saying, "Cinda-grella's running away!" Then either Johnny or I would pretend to be the prince and try and stop her and beg her not to go home yet. She lived for this and we'd do it all day.



She's been in nursery for a year now! I can't believe how much bigger she is now-anyway, I came across these pictures and had to throw them in too!




This was her very first day of nursery. I remember Johnny wanted to "hold her back" a few weeks because he felt that she was too little for nursery. (kind of like you'd hold back your child from kindergarten for a year) He's so funny.







I felt like the worst mom on earth when she hurt her nose really badly one night. It was all my fault because I was playing with her on my bed. We were playing her favorite "hungry for babies" game where she hides under the covers. I grabbed her buns, and she lunged forward (her face was covered in blankets, so she couldn't see) hitting the edge of our nightstand so hard. I was terrified, and seeing how bad her nose looked, I didn't know if it was broken or not. (it wasn't)






The next day she fell and hit her forehead really hard, so she looked totally beat up for a long time. Major bruising in both places!! I can't stand when kids get injured!









This was just a few weeks ago right before a day at the zoo! She loved it so much, and keeps
saying, "we better go to the zoo!"




I thought this was a hilarious, crazed smile.



Last week she heard Johnny's dad say how much he loves her smile. He said it's the best smile he's ever seen on a kid. So the next day she started saying to us, "look at my smile" and then would give us a total cheeser. What a clown!

6 comments:

Hailey said...

Oh my heck...I laughed so hard I could barely breathe about Rasputin! ALso, I can't believe she knew Gwen didn't want to be held but she didn't care! That's such an Ollie comment---way beyond her years! I love her drama so much!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha I know!!! I laughed way hard at that part! It ALWAYS has to be timed wrong whenever they say embarrassing sttuff.

Oh man what to total clown! i can't believe the poses she'll do for you! Oh brother! And those stupid gloves she's wearing around!

Chelsea said...

Poochie,
I really like how you look at and comment on my blog! it makes me feel so good to know that you care about lil ol' me!!

Teal said...

of course, of course! I check up on it all the time, but just barely figured out how to comment! Plus you comment on my stuff on facebook ;) I'm becoming a comment-whore, to where I am wanting tons of people to comment! haha that's the curse of facebook

Anonymous said...

Teal said comment whore..thats funny!!! I loveeeeee all of Gretles faces and her personality at all moments! I love hangin out with that girlie she is sooooo freaking preciousnesssssss to the nth degree.

B said...

I love the "dog-beast", I'm going to have to make sure beast is included in my children's vocabulary :)