Monday, April 18, 2011

Valentine's Day

Gretel and I started off the holiday early by making my mom's recipe for Jell-o Valentine sugar cookies. Gretel had her own bit of dough that she got to play with and eat! They looked so cute when they were all frosted in pink!










I brought the cookies to my cute group of girls; my calling is the Activity Days leader. We made cupcake paper wreaths like the one Hailey made me a few years ago; it's one of my fave V-day decorations. I think the girls did an awesome job with theirs!!






I usually have 12-15 girls at each activity; this one was our smallest group ever.


Gifts from Mimi and Pop-C to Gretel




Gifts from us to Gretel; when she saw Tinkerbell she said, "oh my goodness!" a couple of times! So cute!!




I made the most awesome dinner ever!! Hailey recommended it because she'd just made it for her anniversary and said it was to die for. It was!
It was from the Pioneer Woman blog. It looks kinda gross in this picture, like a big plate of meat that Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite would eat. But it was seriously the best dinner ever!!




My mom mailed me two big boxes of my favorite candy-cinnamon lips and sugared cinnamon hearts! I just can't find them here; thanks mom! It doesn't feel like V-day without these treats.




The gifts from Mimi and Pop-C, opened.





Some festive areas of my house





Here's the wreath Hailey made me a long time ago. The computer wasn't cooperating in rotating my pictures.








I decided to hang this lamp shade that I made probably 8 years ago. It is usually in a closet on a shelf, but I busted it out, and I liked it there!




Girlfriend playing with her food (what she does best!)



The cover of the "Chester Molester" mix I made for my friends and fam! I'M SO BAD! I was thrilled with the end result, and chuckling the whole time that I was creating it. (two discs inside!) I probably get a little too much satisfaction out of making gifts like these.



Well, that's about it! We had a fun little holiday!

1 comment:

Teal said...

HAhahahahh I laughed so hard at the uncle rico part!! Because I was thinking "man that's one big slab of meat" before I read your comment! Then i read it and I couldn't breathe. I'm your new blog stalker:) I noticed you had a new blog post right off the bat! I liked hearing "girlfriend" playing with her food. It reminded me of mom calling her girlfriend. KEEP EM ROLLIN :)