Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Bow Chicka Wow Wow"

After the previous anniversary post you might think you know what this title means, but it's not what you think!! You must watch this performance of Mike Posner performing on Ellen last week. I thought I was going to lose my lunch. Speaking of lunch, this is the "lunchiest"song EVER! (my fam has always used the word lunchy instead of cheesy)
I was watching it with Johnny and laughing out loud for a few reasons; these are the highlights that you should watch for:

1. Everyone in the audience starts waving their hands in the air (Hab's and my pet peeve) and a couple of people refuse to join in. A bald man, then later they show a lady in a white jacket near the aisle. They both stay strong under peer pressure!

2. He sings "I got you flowers and a teddy" while handing Ellen a gi-normous teddy bear. We all know he's singing of lingerie, but of course he's trying to make it day time "approprit."

3. The look he gives the camera after singing the line "Girl you know you like it."

4. When he sings the line "you've been playin' hard to get..." Johnny said, " I don't think she's playing hard to get; I think she's sickened by you."

*My grandma "Nan" had a saying: First you abhor it, then you accept it, then you embrace it. I admit that has happened to me with other songs. If it happens to me with this one, I WILL JUST DIE!! (I will probably not admit it, either)

* One more thing- I really like his song "Please don't go" so I can't bash him completely.

Anyway I have gotten quite a few chuckles over this, so I hope you enjoy!!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/233832/the-ellen-show-mike-posner-performs-bow-chicka-wow-wowAfter

5 comments:

Teal said...

hahhahaah I laughed so hard. Particularly notice the teakettle look he gives the camera around minute 2:10. Right when he came on with the teddy bear dad said "Oh I hate stuffed animals....oh hell" Then we loved the girl in the front row who was going against the grain with her friend. Everyone else was unified (probably forced to comply with the waving by Ellen's peeps) except these two girls in the front! They were holding their own and going the wrong direction! hahahhahhah

Anonymous said...

I say what is up with his pants.not.my.fav. Also I really enjoyed his stupid faces during the guitar solo! TOOO FUNNYYYY!! I guess i should write songs professionally cuz if he can pull that off I can surely pull off any of my silly songsssssss

Chelsea said...

I laughed so hard reading these responses!! Glad you guys appreciated!

B said...

It would appear he finds himself exceptionally suave. Unfortunately, I think he just creeps everyone out and I expect to hear he's landed himself in prison somehow very soon

So many great moments with the camera and my favorite hand waver-the teddy bear :)

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

haha. This video is awesome!! I have heard this song on the radio before and particularly dislike the part after "bow chicka wow wow" where he says, "nicky down down"!! Wow, I hardly think a song could get worse.lol And I too agree with your Dad as Teal wrote how much he (your dad) hates stuffed animals!! In my book, stuffed animals as any gift from guy to girl is the absolute CHEESE!!!!