Monday, January 30, 2012

It's a BOY!







These pictures of me were taken in November, I think. I am awful at remembering! I need Johnny to take some of me now, since I am much bigger! It's funny how many mixed comments I get about my size. I think I look like a totally normal pregnant girl, but some people have said I look small, and others act like I should be in labor!

A funny story about this: I was at the grocery store a couple of days before Christmas and the checker (who was a very friendly guy) asked if it was a holiday baby. I replied no, and he seemed surprised! Then he asked, "More like a Valentine's baby?" I just said, "ya..." I didn't want to tell him I was actually due in April. He would've died! I saved both of us the embarrassment. I swear, people should never guess when you are due, (especially men) or say anything that makes you feel even bigger! I feel big enough, I don't need the extra surprised faces that some people pull!!






Anyway, my due date is April 24th, and we are really excited!! We found out that it was a boy soon after Thanksgiving, but I am quite far behind on this blog, so this is the first I've really mentioned it, sadly.

I really felt like it was a boy pretty early on, so I wasn't shocked when I found out. I don't think Johnny was either. Gretel kept insisting it was a girl for a little while, but she doesn't anymore. She says she's excited to hug him and tuck him in blankets. (yeah right! I'm worried about suffocation)

The first trimester was super rough, as expected. Weeks 6-8 were full of awful pain on my right side because of a cyst I've had for a while. That caused me to hobble around, not able to stand up straight. Thankfully I didn't have to deal with that at the same time as feeling really nauseous. To me, there is nothing worse than that phase. That dreaded morning sickness was from 8-18 weeks. Since then, I have felt great, thankfully! I know I am very lucky-it would be just awful to be sick the whole time.


The foods I couldn't live without the first trimester were honeycrisp apples, scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, and good deli sandwiches-especially roast beef. For the past little while everything has tasted good, and I don't really crave anything in particular. I'm just glad that my appetite is normal this time. When I was pregnant with Gretel, I was starving all the time! It was especially out of control in the first trimester, and I had a serious doughnut craving the whole pregnancy, so that made for some heavy-duty working out after she was born!


We feel really lucky to be having a boy-it will be fun to have one of each!

8 comments:

Hailey said...

A boy will be so fun! Can't wait to see him!!!

Hailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...

Congrats!! (even though it took you foever to post about it :) )
I cannot wait to see how funny little Gretel likes having a little brother, she is such a character!

dougandkatieanderson said...

Chels congrats on the baby boy!! One of each! It's the best of both worlds!! You look fabulous!!
Gretel is adorable! I love all of her funny stories!! Too cute!!

Teal said...

hahahhah I laughed so hard at "yeah right, I'm worried about suffocation!!!!!!" hahahh because she already smothers Gwen! oh man, chelso you kill me. That and the poor checker at the grocery store! Oh man. Farrreeekin hilarious.

Teal said...

I can totally hear you saying "hobble around" haha your voice is so strong in your blogging!

Teal said...

hahhah "heavy-duty working out!"

qifei2012 said...

This Has been years back each individual depends upon Office 2010 regarding his practical use along with ease of use Microsoft Office 2010 Key. Ok, plenty of everyone is naive towards the utilization of more useful and also preferred Ms apps. For example, small societies may use Microsoft Office Outlook to prepare information regarding interaction and can separate them as outlined by their needs. In order to obtain display visuals as well as Ms powerpoint does apply to generate calendar worksheet for all the utilize duty will use Excel Office 2010 download. Microsoft office 2010