Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"This Kitty...."

"This kitty" is the beginning of about every sentence that Gretel says, and it's been going on for months now. It started with the movie Oliver and Company, and after watching it she suddenly transformed into Oliver and I became Jenny. We've role played that to death, and then she started morphing into other kitties. Sometimes she is Figaro, while Gwen is Pluto, I'm Minnie and Johnny is Mickey. Other times she is Spunky, a kitty who gets lost in a tree and needs to be rescued in a Chip n' Dale episode. Her latest kitty character is one that we can't figure where it came from or who it is. It sounds like "Louis and the frog" but she says it like it's one word. Gwen is sometimes called Rovo the Kitty. She tells me the baby in my tummy is sometimes called Betsy, a little baby kitty. (That just reminded me how extremely behind I am on my blog!! I will have to do an entire post about my pregnancy since I have not even mentioned it until now....how horrible!)

Anyway, Gretel says lots of things like "this kitty is cold." "This kitty doesn't know how to say prayers," etc. She usually speaks in third person and loves to direct. She is in charge, and loves to role play everything.
She absolutely loves watching Tom and Jerry cartoons and wants to play it with me. I'm Tom and she's Jerry. (one of few non-kitty roles) She tells me, "Now-you lay down and sleep. Then I'll pull your whisker and your tail!" After she does this, I wake up and act angry, then shout "JERRY!" while chasing her around the house. She is a hoot and I'm always impressed with how creative she is, thinking up these games.




Most of her day is spent hiding in every pillow that goes on our bed. She pulls off the decorative and non-decorative pillows and hides in them for hours! She says "Cinderella found a kitty!" (lots of times she pretends to be various princess' kitties) Or "Tiana found a kitty!" That's when I come in and find her beneath everything.
I can't believe how long she's loved hiding in pillows and blankets now. It's been at least a year. She also has a deep obsession with hiding Gwen is her blankie that has been going on daily for probably a year and a half. Poor Gwen really puts up with a lot! My mom is not a fan of dogs at all, and after witnessing Gretel hiding Gwen in her blanket night after night while I was staying with them this summer, she said "I have gained a whole new respect for that dog!"


These are Gretel's favorite toys-she lives for her Petshops! She separates all the kitties from the other petshops and hides them in their blankies too.

This is a small nook that Gretel has turned into her kitty bed. She took a couple of tiny pillows out of my jewelry boxes and lays on them. She likes to be the naughty kitty, getting out of bed and says, "get mad at this kitty and send me back to my bed."

Anyway-she is obsessed with kitties and begs me for a real one all the time! She wishes Gwen had baby pups in her tummy, and wants her to be a mommy pup. She also told my mom last week, "Mimi-I wish people has tails.....I wish I had-ed a tail." (I like how she adds an e-d to the end of the word had)
It's not on the kitty subject, but there is another thing I just remembered that's kind of creepy that she told my mom last week. She says there is a lady in her room named Chancelaura (I don't know how to spell it, but she pronounces it "Chance-a-laura") with white hair that floats up to the ceiling and back down.

One more thing-
I can't believe this kitty is a sunbeam now!! I had to take a picture of her with her great nursery leaders. This is sister Rolland...


This is her absolute favorite, Sister Coltrin....


She really misses her-this morning while we were getting ready to go to church, she told me that Sister Coltrin wants cookies. I told her we should make her some, and asked if she misses her. She said, "Yes-I love her." She really does.
She helped me make Sister Coltrin cinnamon rolls which we took her on Christmas. Gretel adores her-I'm glad she had such awesome leaders in nursery, and she also has great sunbeam teachers now. I think she likes it so far!




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Hailey said...

you should do the nursery rhyme
"this little kitty" for her instead of "this little piggy"!!
that is creepsville about chancelaura!

Hailey said...

you should do the nursery rhyme
"this little kitty" for her instead of "this little piggy"!!
that is creepsville about chancelaura!

Edinburgh flats said...

Thank you for the gift of this beautiful blog post.

B said...

I'm glad you have a new post up! Gretel is so funny, what an amazing imagination!

qifei2012 said...

Unquestionably, you can claim that Microsoft currently have support and help facility as well as relentless that they've the many crucial options so as to enable consumers and produce its life less difficult by way of dealing with the down sides throughout Microsoft products and solutions wisely Office 2010 download. This really is one of the main factors behind the achievements "Help plus Assistance Microsoft" using a large scale around the world Microsoft office 2010. Microsoft office 2010 download