Friday, March 5, 2010

Little "Granola Bar"

This is what Johnny calls her since she's obsessed with being outside!

It all started when I took her out in the backyard just to take some pictures at the end of January. We needed a little fresh air/fashion show since we'd been stuck in the house due to rainy winter weather, and it was a cloudy but dry day...





She was very tentative the whole time. But I could see she wanted to explore, so I placed her beside the tiny kumquat tree. She didn't really like it and tried to get back to where she felt safe, on the patio.








Since then she's become obsessed with being outside and walking around by herself. She likes to be in the backyard with me, and she even tries to bite into the kumquats before I can bring them inside to wash them.
She also likes to wriggle out of the front of her stroller. It's so hard to sit her in there and strap her in-she makes her body go floppy and slides beneath the front bar to get out.


You can see how pleased she is, but trying not to smile....


and with such focus, she needs to use that lizard tongue of hers!


Happy happy
Joy joy (remember ren and stimpy?)

Then when it's time to come inside, she has a meltdown. It's usually after about and hour. That's after the park, walking around with Gwen, or sometimes both.
(I feel like I'm pretty generous with the amount of time that we're outside, but it's never enough)
It's sad but very funny. She tries to get her little finger in the crack of the door to open it, or lifts one leg to try and climb out.


This is my favorite picture; so dejected.


Then, she throws her stroller backward in anger.


The next day, same thing!



Serenity now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see why my Jack Jack is so certain that she is his future bride! She is so FREAKIN cute!

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

Haha! This post made me laugh so hard because I swear Brielle does the EXACT same thing to me everyday!!! She Begs and screams at the door with her faced pressed against the glass until I take her outside!! I am just counting down the days until summer where this "outside time" will be much more pleasureable for mom (me)! :-)

KatieKaseyBrielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hailey said...

So fun to see her cute outfits and her hilarious meltdowns! I'm always asking Hud and Olf if they want to go outside to get some energy out on nice days, but they never seem to want to, and I can't say that I mind...I'm not much of a "granola bar" myself!

krista said...

She is so cute and so funny!! I love all of her adorable expressions. Gretel has such a fun little personality and her clothes are the cutest!!

B said...

I loved the pictures documenting her dramatics! Of course hearing about your kumquat tree has made me want to move to CA!