Wednesday, March 10, 2010

San Freakin' Fran!

This past Christmas, Abby had a great gift idea for me and Shauna. She said she wanted to take us to San Francisco for a girls hang out day, and treat us to pedicures at a salon she used to go to when she lived there.
So a couple of Saturdays ago, it worked out for all of us to go, and we had a blast!

Here we are, about to leave for our little adventure...it was pouring rain here in Sac and the drive there was through crazy heavy rain. But we were pleasantly surprised that the weather in San Fran was perfect! Lucky us!

We started our day at my favorite breakfast place, "Judy's." It's the best food ever!





After some shopping at Anthropologie, we had a little time to kill before our pedi appointments, and we came across a thrift store. It was fun picking out some silly clothes-they had tons of great 70's stuff, and it made us want to throw a 70's party.





At the salon, "Silk." I love giving pedis, and I forget how awesome they are to receive!! Thanks, Abby!

I really like the flower petals they put in the water, and even though we were too full to enjoy this feature, they serve a big assortment of munchies on Saturdays.

Waiting for our tootsies to dry...



We needed to get back in time for our hubbies to go to "Man Night" which was an EQ hang out night. We really wanted to stay a lot longer, though.

On our way home, we stopped at the Yolo fruit stand, because Todd and Abby go there and always get wicked deals on their produce. I loved it, and saw lots of unusual little items. I picked up a bag of jalapeno cheddar pork skins and some habanero pistachios for Johnny to take to his "Man Night" because they seemed like MANLY snacks.

I did not buys these, they just looked weird.

We made one final stop for some Chipotle takeout on our way home.

And we had to expose how ridiculously packed the back seat was, although you can't totally tell from this picture. I had brought extra clothes and rain boots (just in case) and wth our shopping bags, produce, takeout, and other crap-ola, we were laughing that this was only a day trip. It's scary to think what the car would look like if we spent a weekend there, like we hope to do sometime.
I had sooo much fun, girls! Thanks for taking us to your old 'hood Abby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left my heart in SAN FRANCISCO... i heart it alot I do! Thanks Abby and Chels it rocked my world!

Hailey said...

That looked like such a fun pedi with the flowers in the water! I had no idea you went there...how fun!