Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our Newport Beach Trip

We go to Newport Beach with Johnny's fam every year, and this year was especially fun because Johnny's parents have been building a vacation house there and it's now finished. So John and Cheryl had been staying there for a few weeks before we arrived. The rest of us were excited to see the house, and it was gorgeous. The trip was also planned around Cheryl's big 60th birthday!!

We went to Disneyland, aka my favorite place on earth!



Gretel rockin' the Captain EO 3D glasses-she liked to dance to the music during the show.



She's still too young to fully appreciate all the kiddie rides, but was thrilled with the steps! Her favorite thing to do besides jumping and dancing.



She absolutely loved It's a Small World and was just mesmerized.


She was exhausted when I snapped this pic, and had only napped briefly earlier. We had taken her on Pirates of the Caribbean. She was terrified because of the small drops the boat takes, and fell asleep in my arms quickly after her sobbing wore her out. Poor little lamb!


She LOVED the carousel!
Disneyland-I miss you already!!!
On a separate day, I went to TJMaxx/Home Goods with Cheryl. She bought this cake stand for me just because I mentioned that I liked it, and it reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. I swear, she is always doing nice things like that for me. I'm lucky that I have such a sweet M-I-L.

Swimming! Gretel wouldn't touch her tootsies to the water at first. But I slowly got in the water holding her, and she ended up loving it, especially after we plopped her in her little "floatie"boat.











One of Gretel's fave things was arranging (and begging for) the candy in the movie room.

And the games too...




Having fun in the toy room!











Ellie is obsessed with princesses and dresses...

They loved eating together at their kiddie table...

and having bath time together!



and playing Cinderella!















Her signature dance move...the side-step in a circle









We thought she'd love the beach but she's not the adventurous soul we thought she was. I let her stand with me on the shore, and when the water came up and hit our feet, she screamed in fear, and was SO upset. She wouldn't let us put her down at all, and kept trying to brush the sand off her feet-she hated the feel of it!



We hung out at the park a different day, and that's always a success!













Thanks for such a great time, John and Cheryl-we wish we were still on vacay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got so many great picatures! Missed you whilst you were away and glad your back, but it does look most lovely there!

Carrie said...

It's totally Alice in Wonderland, cute. The house looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Chels i love your pictures. I wish we were still on vacation! Such a fun trip. The pictures of the girls in the bath and playing cinderella are really cute!

Hailey said...

So many fun pics...where to start first? I can't believe Cheryl turned 60. She looks so young! The girlie cousins are so cute playing together. Gretel is your TWIN!! (your baby pic twin).
Looks like a great trip!