Monday, August 30, 2010

Gretel's Cute Phases

A while ago, Gretel went through a phase where she had to constantly check her toes to make sure they were clean. She'd stretch them really far apart several times a day; I thought it was so funny!

She also had a thing for "Honey Bear" as I like to call him. She'd kiss him and take him for walks outside, and when he'd fall on his side (quite often) in her stroller, she'd have to fix him so he was sitting up straight.




Move over Honey Bear!! Now she is OBSESSED with a new bear: "Winnie." She used to call him "Pooh," but now she calls him Winnie. She talks nonstop about Winnie and constantly asks to watch the movie. My M-I-L got Gretel into Winnie when Johnny was staying with his parents in Newport. She's been in love with him ever since. (Thanks, Cheryl for letting us take both the stuffed animal and movie from the house. We will replace both)
It's very cute to watch her rolling around with him everywhere-on our bed, her bed, or on the couch. She's always rolling around with him and talking to him, or talking about him.







She snuggled with Winnie on our drive home from Newport. She also likes to have him with her when we run errands; in the shopping cart beside her, etc.

She is WAY into sweets- especially chocolate, popsicles, and cupcakes which she calls "cake." So she'll really love her birthday this year!
When she sees a bag of peanut M & M's, she screams "Candy! Candy! Candy!" This is my favorite thing, since I heard a little boy from primary scream this while running through the halls of church about 5 years ago. I've never laughed so hard, so that's why I LOVE when Gretel does it!

Anyway, she's a good eater, so I like to reward her!! I took these pictures of her little fudgey face today. She stood at the freezer door and begged (squealed) for chocolate ice cream. So I gave her a "Fudgsicle."





Another thing she does all day is stand on the back of the couch and jump on all the pillows. She never seems to get tired of this. She loves to climb on our bed and jump on that all the time too. She's a thrill-seeker!! I'll have to get some video of the couch jumping!

5 comments:

Hillary said...

She is so cute, and looks just like you! It was so fun to see you a few weeks ago! When you get a chance, I'd love to see those pictures you took of Gretel meeting Lola and Bella. They just loved all the attention!

Hailey said...

I loved seeing those pics. She looks older than she did a few weeks ago! WWWWIIINNNEEEE! Teddy Gog??

Anonymous said...

Cute! She is getting so big! I cant wait to see you guys.Thanksgiving will be here soon

Kristy said...

Chels, she is adorable, and she does look just like you!

Johnny said...

She has to be the cutest girl that has ever been