Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gretel's 3rd Birthday Party!!

I can't believe Gretel is now 3! Time flies...On the day of her actual birthday, I took her to the park and she played with some friends for 3 hours! She loves the park, so I wanted to make sure we stayed there for an extra long time that day. Later that night Johnny and I took her to a Halloween store to look around at all the zombies and scary Halloween loot. I knew she'd love it! She kept asking to go back after that. She loved tearing off the wrapping paper of each gift she received. She got so many fun things from family, thanks so much everyone!






She had asked for a Sleeping Beauty party, which we did a few days after her actual birthday.


When the guests first arrived (in their favorite princess gowns) we made candy necklaces and had a snack. The glass slipper and crown jigglers were the biggest hit of all! Kids just love jigglers, but then again so do I!!



I thought up a matching game that Johnny and the man at the printing place helped me execute. I wanted to have the girls match the princess with their friend (Cinderella matches the mice, Snow White and the dwarves, etc.) We laminated them because I knew Gretel and I would play this game a lot more! It was a success-the kids did a great job and were totally into it!






After a little while Gretel was wanting to shed her dress-she really just likes to hang out in her undies....like father like daughter!! I took it off because she looked like she would've ripped it off herself!



She opened presents and then we did cake and ice cream

This is the cake I always dreamed of as a child, but never got. I love re-living my childhood through my daughter!

















She was still in her undies when a surprise guest arrived! They were all so thrilled to be seeing the real Sleeping Beauty. Gretel started pointing to some of the princess pictures I had on the wall for decoration saying to her, "Look! These are all your friends!!"


I was glad she quickly put her Snow White dress back on when I asked. I wanted her to wear it for pictures!








Because of some "technical difficulties," I had to finish this post in Part 2....


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

B said...

I love the dangling earrings, Gretel partying in her undies, and of course the barbie cake! Enjoy the cake while you can, after 14 years, Maddie finally broke it to my mom this August that she did not want a barbie cake for her bday-Kristy depressed for a week! :)

qifei2012 said...

This Has been in years past everyone depends on Office 2010 regarding his performance and also simplicity of use Microsoft office 2010. Alright, loads of folks are unknowing on the usage of more functional along with preferred Microsoft apps Microsoft Office 2010 Key. By way of example, little communities can use Ms office Outlook to organize the important points regarding interaction which enable it to individual these people in accordance with their requirements office 2010. For the creation of business presentation visuals along with Ms powerpoint does apply to create work schedule spreadsheet for the make use of duty are able to use Stand out.