Monday, November 21, 2011

Trunk or Treating

A couple of days before Halloween, we had our annual ward trunk-or-treating activity. It was so much fun going with my little skeleton! I was excited that she wanted to be a skeleton this year. I'm really surprised she didn't want to be a kitty, since her obsession with pretending to be a kitty has not ended. Johnny thought if we painted his face first, she could see what it was like. So after watching him, she got pretty excited and sat very still while getting hers done. I was impressed at how still she was! She even requested that I do her hands white too.
On the way to the activity, she told us all about how she was going to scare her friends, and they would scream and run away from her. She did do that, and it was hysterical!!
I am so glad my mom mailed me this hood that went with my old skeleton costume when I was little. It really completed the look and made her unrecognizable! A couple of people asked me where she was when she was near me, because they had no idea who it was. She was also mistaken for a boy a couple of times while receiving candy. A couple of times people would hand her a treat and say, "there you go, buddy." It was so funny-I just LOVED her costume this year, and loved that she wanted to be something scary. She has always loved witches and been obsessed with scary things. Johnny and I agreed that this is our favorite costume she's ever worn. I think we just loved seeing her face fully painted, and also she is at such a fun age right now!
Anyway, we had a blast with her!





This is the picture I got while she was scaring her friends-she was really playing the part. She looked like a zombie running around with her little arms outstretched, making these growling/moaning sounds.



I helped her track down this guy, who she saw from far away. She loved him and kept calling out to him before we got close enough to talk to him. She really wanted him to notice her and kept saying, "scary man...see Gretel!!"

The woman on the left is the nursery leader for all these girls. Sister Coltrin is great! Only one more month, and then they'll all be sunbeams!!

Johnny stayed at our car to pass out candy to other kids, while I got to take Gretel around. It was such a treat! I just loved holding her little hand, listening to her say "trick or treat" to each person. I thought it would be fun, but it was much more fun than I had
expected!!






Back to kitty mode, licking her paws...

When we got home Gwen was terrified of Johnny because of his makeup. She ran away from him and hid under our bed, which she never does. It took Johnny a little while to get her out. You wouldn't think that a dog really looks up at your face to notice something like that. Poor pup!!
I don't know how Gretel lasted as well as she did. I thought for sure she'd fall asleep on the way home with all her makeup on. But she didn't, and I washed her face. After I got it all off, she looked in the mirror and yelled, "I'm free!" She says funny things like that so often-she is a hoot!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

BBC said...

that is so adorable! i love that she wanted to be something scary too! :)

B said...

Loved the post and loved the pics of the little skeleton! O and I were skeletons too! Next year I'll have to do face paint.
Gretel seems like she has got such a personality, how funny that she loves scary things :)

Edinburgh flats said...

haha. CUTE. This was a good one.

qifei2012 said...

'microsoft office' Cell, your mobile model regarding Microsoft 'office' programs, the perfect solution is is built-into your link Business office made for Home windows Phone 7, which usually doesn't need to down load as well as deploy whatever else to begin but navigate to the hub involving Workplace in mobile phone to start along with work on Ms office documents Microsoft office 2010. Microsoft Office 2010 Key