Friday, March 6, 2009

"The Fires of Love!"

We quote that line (from the Jim Carrey version of "The Grinch...") quite often in our fam! Anyway, before I put away my Valentines this year, I thought I should share the one Johnny wrote me this year, because I think it's so hilarious:

A Poem by Johnny
Valentines is here again and I want
to make something quite
"CLEAR"
These cards, although fun, are increasingly
harder to do with each passing
"YEAR"
So please be kind to my rhymes
and avoid any temptation to
"SNEER"
My heart would just break over the
slightest hint of a
"JEER"
Because I can't help the fact that my
love for you makes me think of words
that are both cheesy and
"QUEER"
But the truth is that you bring magic into my life
A magic that could make a wolf
"WERE"
Without you I would be lost for example
on trips you always bring the right
"GEAR"
And when you're around we are never lacking
on any holiday
"CHEER"
The sound of your voice is like a
sweet symphony to my
"EAR"
My heart just breaks whenever I know that
you won't be anywhere
"NEAR"
The last time you were away my eyes were
unable to hold back the
"TEAR"
Without your good influence in my life I
might be more familiar with the taste of
"BEER"
But instead toward the direction of virtue
you have always helped me to
"STEER"
Would it ruin the sentiment at this point
by saying that you have a nice
"REAR"
I know you will support me no
matter what I choose for a
"CAREER"
And that love and support makes it a
pleasure to have you
"HERE"
And so Again I say to you
My soulmate, my love, my life, my
"DEAR"
I Love You
Isn't he so clever and romantic? While I'm at it, I'll type the poem that I wrote him last year for Valentine's Day to tell him that I was pregnant:
What's this you ask?
Valentine poem part two,
Your poems are so wonderful,
I'm just trying to keep up with you!
So I have to tell you something exciting and new,
We're having a baby-yes, yes it's true!!
So, you're wondering, who knew?
The two-lined tinkle stick, that's who!
Then I was starving, so downstairs I flew
To the honey-nut cheerios for my mouth to chew
After all, I'm eating for two...
I know we're so thrilled we don't know what to do,
And my little cheeks are glowing,
So you can pinch their rosy hue!
You'll be the best dad; saying "ga-goo"
And I'll be saying "coochie-coo!"
We'll both get very good at cleaning up poo
And you're already so great at playing peek-a-boo!
We'll read books with animal noises like "moo"
And have fun fieldtrips to the zoo
We'll help to tie miniature shoes
Oh I can hardly wait, can you?

4 comments:

Hailey said...

I loved your title to this post! And I loved your little poems even more! Keep 'em coming!

Kristy said...

You two are the cutest lovers and parents I know. I think I see a future in writing for both of you very clever people.

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS THE BEST!! I loved reading those and as my Johnny sleeps I'm trying to laugh quietly at your Johnnys poem (espec. about your rear)

Chelsea said...

I'm glad you appreciated, girls! And "Chauna"-I like that part too. My other favorite line is the werewolf one!